Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Today was a good day...

Old 03-27-2004, 05:23 PM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Today was a good day...

We had our club SPAD pylon race this morning.

Well what can I say...temp was 70 deg, winds blowing from the South at 20mph gusting to 30 (no guessing here, we measured it).

There was only 3 of us flying today....me with my dogfighter (tt .46) and 2 darts. I lost every race
I had problems just keeping my engine running thru a heat, then there was the issue of the wind. I would smoke both darts downwind, but they would kill me worse on the upwind leg. I just could not believe there was that much difference between the planes. My plane would slow down to a crawl on the upwind leg.

On the last race I finally got my engine running well, and the wind died down some (15, gusting 20). It was only 2 of us (the other guy crashed going full bore on a downwind leg during a race, the only damage he suffered was his store bought engine mount). Now its on....I was able to pull away on either leg but he was beating me in the corners (superior flying skills). We were having so much fun that we ran 25 laps

Oh yeah, he barely won that one (I went too high).
I want a rematch with both planes.....and they better hope its a windy day

Today was a good day...