Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

buildin gnat

Old 04-28-2004, 05:00 AM
vicelore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buildin gnat

hey im currently building a gnat i havent currently baught a engine for it yet. I have flown a trainer various times and took off and landed a fair few times, done loops and flight ciruits that type of stuff. But i have stop flying for about a year and a half except for a gws stick, i was not very impressed with the stick i found it was to light and broke way to easy. so i was lookin for a cheap reasonably easy to fly plane that could take a hit if i had a bad landing so do you guys who have flown a gnat before think i will be able to handle the plane with out a instructor ?.
Also i was wondering what size engine i should buy to achieve the slowest and easiest flight i was just goin to put in a .15 like what was on the plans. thanks for the input Andrew
Old 04-28-2004, 06:33 PM
bhole74

Default RE: buildin gnat

If using a .15, I would recommend mini or micro servos to conserve weight. I use Magnum .25s an .32s because I couldn't get a .15 to fly with standard sized radio gear.
Just my $.02.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:41 AM
vicelore

i have futaba radio gear that i use for my trainer and the servos wont fit in the fuse. my servos are 3/4 " fu*kin spewing
Old 04-30-2004, 08:28 PM
Woodsy

Just but the next widest ally to suit the servoes, or use 1"x1" square ally and cut a hole for the servoes
Old 04-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Barland

Take a look at this web site [link=http://www.wildwingscombat.com]Wild Wings Combat[/link] for a couple of videos of Gnats flying. Also an article on Gnat building and modifications we have been doing in my area. The Gnat is a neat plane, I'm not sure it would be friendly for someone just getting back into flying. Mine is flying nice, but I use alot of expo to keep it from jumping all over the sky. Take a look at the site - I think it will be helpful.