Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

espad3d nitro?

Old 05-17-2004, 10:37 AM
warningifly3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default espad3d nitro?

ok guys i am planning on converting the espad3d for nitro. i will be using a 40 sized engine and will scale the wings up to about 40 iches. ok now do you think this will work? here is a pic of the esapd3d.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94929.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	133207  
Old 05-17-2004, 10:58 AM
Quicker

Default RE: espad3d nitro?

Yes, it will work. I would not use fan fold, though. Switch to 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch blue or pink foam insulation.

Crazyherb and I have made a few flat wing glow powered planes. They work very well, especially for 3D type stuff and low airspeeds. Get going too fast and they get funky. I'm going to be making a flat wing Pitts S2C here soon.

Here's some pics and video of my best one:
[link=http://quicker.rchomepage.com/foam_flat_wing_funfly.html]http://quicker.rchomepage.com/foam_flat_wing_funfly.html[/link]
This was the best flat spinning plane I have every had. It was good in a harrier and hover too.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:13 AM
warningifly3d

thanks for the response so quick i was thinking of using 4mm corex. i hav built serval sapds in the past this one looks quite gud and i would like to try it
Old 05-17-2004, 07:23 PM
RD350

Hey you beat me to the post. I came on here to ask the same questions but!!!

I want to built the espad3d with 4mm coro and use a 20 K&B I have.
I am going to build a wood spine (like Dave McD's PBF i already have it and I love it, except inverted any help???) with nylon bolts up through and into the fuse.
I was thinking of keeping all demensions the same except: increase wing span by 2 inch (26 up from 24) and increase the elevator by one (13 up from 12)
Do you guys think that I need more wing area?

I already built the mini pizza box 24 inch x 24 inch, It flys well, harriers great, but very difficult to hover (no rudder control) I also think that it is a bit heavy with the pvc fuse. One more thing it flys like a turd inverted. So, I wanted to put everything into the espad3d.

Thanks
Old 05-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Quicker

I think you are on the right track. Build it like the PBF and it should be cool.