Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

Ultra Spad Stick and Ryobi 31

Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Ultra Spad Stick and Ryobi 31

Old 05-20-2004, 08:10 AM
mustangman177

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra Spad Stick and Ryobi 31

Greeting Fellow Spadders !!!!

I want to get into big gas powered airplanes, after flying glow engines for many years. I have built many coroplast planes over the years, and am now planning on building Kraut's USS. Plans look easy to understand.

The Ryobi 31cc engine looks like a good choice for this plane. Where does one obtain this engine? I've heard the cheapest way is to buy a weed wacker and strip everyting off it and keep the engine. After this, what modifications do you have to do to the engine to get it ready to run ? Harbor freight has a leaf blower for $60. with a Ryobi 31 engine. Would this be hard to strip from the leaf blower and put in an USS ?

Really want to get into the big gas engines, but need some guidance on how to get there. I have checked out the big-uns website. and have read several articles on conversions. Please help me get started in this adventure.

Thanks Cary
Old 05-21-2004, 12:22 AM
bear9236
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Ultra Spad Stick and Ryobi 31

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver...071/ryobi2.htm

Try this info .

Barry
Old 05-21-2004, 08:06 AM
mustangman177

Default RE: Ultra Spad Stick and Ryobi 31

Thanks Barry !!! That's what i was looking for. Good pictoral description of how to "Trash" a perfectly good weed eater !!! and use as an RC engine.

Thanks again.

Cary