Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

Spad HELP needed a few questions !!!!!!!!!

Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Spad HELP needed a few questions !!!!!!!!!

Old 05-20-2004, 12:47 PM
DragonHeart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spad HELP needed a few questions !!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can give me some pointers here with this one, i normally fly warbirds but i saw this for $10 soo thought i would give it a go, but kinda clueless when it comes to spads, soo i hope someone can give me some easy advice

Ok the spad's in the 3 pics below it has a 37 Inch winspan and 18 Inch width... so here are the questions........

1) I was told when i picked it up it had a 46 sized engine in the front ;-0, seems powerful for such a light thing, does that sound right ?
2) I had a quick look and couldnt find the position for the throttle servo unless im going blind ?
3) I take it the reciever and Batt pack goes behind the fuel tank in the body once its screwed on, but what stops it falling out when flying ?
4) Looks like it takes standard size servo's, it has the screw holes do the normal screws hold it strong enought in place, or should i use double sided servo tape aswell ?
5) Whats the best way to balance the spad, or what position ? surley it will be very nose heavy ?

Sorry for all the questions, but it looks fun and i would like to give it a try............. not sure what to expect when it goes in the air, i presume thier fast ?

Thx in advance for any help anyone can offer
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59399.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	134343   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94545.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	134344   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75614.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	134345  
Old 05-20-2004, 01:39 PM
Dewey2
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: Spad HELP needed a few questions !!!!!!!!!

can you still buy them . looks like a sig wonder sorta . like to have one myself.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:56 PM
tamccain

Default RE: Spad HELP needed a few questions !!!!!!!!!

I am not sure about the CG on this, but to mount the servos most people just use zip ties instead of actually screwing them in. See if there are small holes for the zip ties, or make your own and zip tie the servos in.

About the engine size, that doesn't really sound too big. But I could be mistaken, I am pretty new to this whole thing.