Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

Fedx 3D FunFly (new design + many photos)

Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Fedx 3D FunFly (new design + many photos)

Old 07-22-2004, 09:22 AM
DeBearSteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fedx 3D FunFly (new design + many photos)

I don't know why I missed this post. The "Boost Tab" thing is going right over my head. I will have to do some searching for it. I just have never heard of it before this. I love the "Build". lots of innovations, and that’s what we all need. The finish of the plane is also great. Frank is right, definitely a "Spad Showcase" Plane. Great post, keepemcomin!

DeBear
Old 07-25-2004, 08:17 AM
runover1
My Feedback: (10)

Man, this is a beautiful creation. My only problem is that I thought the main word in SPAD was "SIMPLE". Although this is great, and I look forward to building it, it take a little more mind work then my typical SPAD. I absolutely love the idea of the hot pipe though, that was great.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:33 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put booster tabs on a 1/4 scale Corby Starlett. 10% of aileron area, as Ringwinger says. Didn't know how much throw to give them so I had a series of holes on the tab control horn. On test flights, moved in one hole at a time. When I hit the magic spot, roll rate went way up and response was instant. I think the Futaba 148s were overworked beforehand. Tabs ended up a little more than parallel with the airflow. Didn't go any further, as said above, they can be overdriven and cause oscilations.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:17 PM
MrGreenSpeed

Sweet Spad.