Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

Radio Gear for a .15 Gnat?

Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Radio Gear for a .15 Gnat?

Old 12-03-2004, 09:57 AM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Gear for a .15 Gnat?

I'm thinking of building a Gnat ( http://www.spadtothebone.com/SPAD/Gnat/ ), and I'm not sure what RX/servos I should get for it. It seems like a mini/micro RX/servo package would be the way to go given the size, but I'm concerned about going with a mini/micro RX. All of the mini/micro RXs I've seen are single conversion, and I've heard it's not smart to fly those at a club, where you will have many TXs operating on adjacent channels. The smallest dual conversion RX I've seen is the Hitec Electron-6.

Would micro servos have enough torque to flex the coro hinges? Or would I have to use one of the techniques to loosen the hinges to use micros?

Any commments, suggestions welcome!
Old 12-04-2004, 11:10 AM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Radio Gear for a .15 Gnat?

the spad gnat uses an aluminum u-channel fo the fuselage. So you need to use standard size servos. Such as Futaba s3003-hitec hs300 or jr 527 as they will fit into the u- channel and not fall around as with mini servos. the hitec electron receiver is a good choice along with a hitec super slim rec.