Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

(spad) my version of the demon

Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

(spad) my version of the demon

Old 12-23-2004, 07:55 PM
kracker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (spad) my version of the demon

I built this larger than the original version, made a coro fuse, balsa ailerons, and stabs. Powered by a GMS 76.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10398.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	206204  
Old 12-23-2004, 08:21 PM
Kraut
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: (spad) my version of the demon

WoW! That looks great! What dimensions did you end up making it? Have you flown it? Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-23-2004, 09:12 PM
kracker

WoW back at ya. I can't believe I have a message from Kraut! Thanks to you guys there's a lot of people having a great time experimenting and flying great airplanes. The fuse is 36" from the firewall to the end of the fuse. The wing is (56" span) by (16" from leading edge of wing to trailing edge of aileron). I have flown this plane several times. It flies like my Hanger 9 P51 Mustang, as far as roll rate etc. Not near as quick in manuvers as the original Demon (I built one of those first), but very fast in straight flying and dives. Will go vert. out of sight as long as you keep it moving. Lands like a trainer. Thanks for asking.
Old 12-24-2004, 08:20 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Wow, that plane looks awesome... even though you used some balsa to build it! That canopy really makes it look good!