Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

SPAD Debut alieron help

Old 04-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPAD Debut alieron help

I have finished a SPAD Debut for my first SPAD and it came out pretty good. I installed HS85 micro servos and on the aileron servo it moves side to side with the aileron movement. The effect is that there is a lot of up movement on the ailerons but hardl and down movement. I have a piece of PVC underneath to brace it but it seems like th coro is flexing a little bit. Is there a better way to set this up? I was thinking that a standard servo might do better because it has 4 screws instead of 2.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:51 PM
RC-Captain

Default RE: SPAD Debut alieron help

What's up Gringo ? Did you use balsa or pvc stock glued to the coro before mounting the servos ?
Old 04-01-2005, 09:39 PM
MrGreenSpeed

Go with standard servos .
The servos should not move at all.
I used pvc pieces on the in side of the wing to screw to.
On My Spazzler I also had to put a small block of foam under the servo to keep the 2 mil from flexing.
( glued in with poly glue )
Hope this helps
Jeff
Old 04-11-2005, 12:21 AM
keepiru1

one other thing you might want to check if you are looking for equal travel, once you have the servos in solidly, is that the attachment points for your linkages on the aileron servo are not ahead of the axis of rotation of the servo arm itself. Otherwise you'll get differential throws whether you wanted them or not. *chuckle*