Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Spazzler Wings

Old 04-08-2005, 07:28 PM
I.C.O.N.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spazzler Wings

I am looking at building a Spazzler, or some sort of clone.

I am thinking about using 2" round PVC for the spar(with some serious lightining holes). Thining it in the middle to actually go through the fuse like the Demon wing.
This would keep the two halves connected for extra strength which I plan to use.

I would then mount it as a low wing Spazzler.

I plan on ordering the gear next week. I am thinking about a K & B .61 up front. and a 6 channel something with mixing (suggestions welcome!) to get the use of flaps and adjustable throws as well as multiple plane memory.

I am sure this is nothing original or new so I was looking for some input with what to expect from a set-up like this.

I am looking for a 3d type plane. Hence the six channel with mixing. I want to go tame on the throws to fly nice and then barn door them when it's time to get funky.

Would I be better off with a wing over? I just like the looks of wing unders is the only reason to do it that way but performance is #1.

I can't wait to get some new gear. My old servos have been through hell. and the .46 I have just don't pull the 6lb plane well enough to do what I want. Although it is plenty fast I expect the fully symetrical wing to have more drag then the Demons I have been building. And of course I want to eventualllllllly be able to pull out of a hover.

It is springtime in MN and I have got some serious fever going.

CHEERS, It's FRIDAY!