Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

A Beginners Quest

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 01:40 PM
Chikokishi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Beginners Quest

Hum, i like that idea better then mine What do you mean by music wire? Im pretty sure its not something like a guitar string! Hehe, get back to me.

-Fox
Old 07-02-2005, 02:13 PM
DLSmith2

Fox,

Music wire is hardened steel wire. They sell it in hobby shops for push rods, landing gear, etc, and you might be able to find it in a hardware store. I went in a Lowe's a while back and asked for it; one guy looked at me like I had a third eye in the middle of my forehead, and the other said, "That's on aisle 13, halfway down on the left." It's kind of hard to bend, and even harder to cut. That's why it's so good to use.

Blue skies,

DL
Old 07-02-2005, 03:19 PM
Chikokishi

So its like really thick bailin wire? Okay i think i can find that. hehe.

Im looking at the plans to build a Spadstick between now and when i get my dogfighter flying. And the measurements for the fuse is for a PVC pipe, that i dont have, nor can i find in this town. Its likea 2.5 inch by 3 inches or something. All i have is 2x2. Do you think the measurements wills till work? or will i have to figure out how to change them?

-Fox
Old 07-02-2005, 06:12 PM
RC-Captain

Music wire is hardened steel wire
If 'music wire' doesn't ring the clerks bell try using ' guide wire '.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:59 AM
alexp

Any chance of getting a close-up shot of the poster above your bench? Just asking...
Old 07-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Chikokishi

Ill humor you alex.

I took on another airplane, as iv done everything i can to my dogfighter, i got bored and started building the Spadstick. And on the right is my Slo-V, im waiting for a motor mount to come, it compelatly broke while in flight on the maiden flight. It was obviosuly broken before i even got it, but the screws were holding it together - This is my 4th Slo-v to have sent.

-Fox
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17057.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	293650  
Old 07-05-2005, 07:24 AM
Muldoer

If I can recommend one thing about the Spadstick tail...have a look at the corospit plans and taper the tail like they did on those plans. Cutting a V then joining them leaves a nice ugly seam on the bottom of the plane.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Chikokishi

Muldoer,

That step is in the plans actually, i have to do that then cut out a triangular cover for it. I was hoping the glue would dry on the second spar over night, it wasent quite dry when i tried yesterday. Im going to go downstairs and do that step here in a few minutes, After i get that done ill take a picture of the bird and post it for criticism on my job

-Fox
Old 10-25-2005, 06:39 AM
BIG BAD BOB
My Feedback: (119)

I need to know how much right thrust I need for a Big Stik 60 ARF. The fire wall is built square to the fuselage
Old 10-26-2005, 05:16 AM
Clean

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

You can mount it flat or add a couple of degrees of right thrust. My Jos Stick is at 0°-0°.