Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

where to buy

Old 07-21-2005, 10:58 PM
extra330crazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to buy

hello i am new to this kind of airplanes what are they made up of,where to buy it, can someone email some plans for a airplane
thank you for taking time to read this
will
Old 07-21-2005, 11:42 PM
DLSmith2

Default RE: where to buy

Will,

Welcome to the forum and the world of fantastic flying plastic! Take a look here at [link=http://www.spadtothebone.com/]spadtothebone.com[/link] and you will find all the free plans you can handle. The fuselage is PVC gutter downspout, and the wings and tail feathers are made out of Coroplast, which is corrugated plastic, the same thing election signs are made out of. They're easy, quick, and cheap to build; did I mention cheap? My advice is to build a Debonair first, because it has some very detailed instructions and is a great starting point for a first SPAD build.

Let us know what you decide to build, and don't forget the pics.

Blue skies,

DL
Old 10-05-2005, 10:45 AM
Zalvador

what about the price? I am seeking an 80" wingspan spad, what is a fair price for something that big?
Old 10-05-2005, 03:11 PM
FantzyPantz

I have a 76" wing on a Coro Cub that I built from the plans found at SpadtotheBone. I like it so much I am building 2 more. Cost? Well if you already have the engine, radio and Servos, Materials cost CHEAP! Which is why most of us became SPADers.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:33 PM
ctsieber

any suggestion where to get the materials? I'm having a tough time locating them.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:42 PM
smokingwreckage

Coroplast is used for yard signs. Look in the Yellow Pages for companies that sell plastic. I get my Coro from Regal Plastics in Fort Worth, TX.

If you Google "coroplast" and then the name of most any major city you'll find a local source. Expect to pay $10-20 a sheet depending on mils and color. Sometimes you can get a deal on damaged sheets and still have enough to build 4-5 wings.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:16 AM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

www.harborsales.com is where a lot of us buy the coro if we cant find it for free. Look through old posts on this forum and you will find a lot of info on how to order the sheets and what sizes you will need
Old 10-31-2005, 08:20 AM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

zalvador, I noticed you are in Mexico so that might complicate things. I live in Argentina and the truth is you cant find coro here. I bought some when I was in the US and had it brought in. So it might be a challenge to find coro in Mexico.

Maybe some of the other spaders can help with this but I think I remember someone else who posted in this forum who was from Mexico. I think he had a SPA3D. If we can locate him he would know where to find Coro en Mexico.