Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

S.P.A.D. Fun Fly

Old 08-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Omaha_RC_Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S.P.A.D. Fun Fly

Well this year I will be the Event Director for the Omahawk's 1st Annual S.P.A.D. Fun Fly. I would like to make this a big event with lots of spadders showing up, with maybe some out of towners coming in to fly. Here is a [link=http://home.earthlink.net/~omaha_rc_flyer/id14.html]Link[/link] for info on when, where, and what time.

Later,
Omaha
Old 08-21-2005, 11:40 PM
Omaha_RC_Flyer

Default RE: S.P.A.D. Fun Fly

So far, only one person from out of town has contacted me, and said he is working on getting off for that day (09/10/05) to attend. Is there any Die-Hard Spadders that live somewhat near to Omaha, Nebraska that would like to come, fly, have fun, and possibly win something to take back home?

Later,
Omaha
Old 09-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Omaha_RC_Flyer

Well the Omaha Spad Fun Fly was not so great this year. The wind was blowing 25+ m.p.h. and gusty [:@]. Needless to say no one flew except me. I flew Speedy and my USS. The few club members that showed up, walked away with some cool prizes: (1) New Hot shot glow starter w/charger (2) a Hand crank fuel pump, cap/can fittings set, and fuel tubing (3) Pre-Cut Debonair kit with plans on CD (4) 1 Gallon of 15% glow fuel (5) After run oil and various spad plans on a CD.

Because of the wind, we decided to put numbers on the bottom of the prizes, and each of us rolled dice until someone got the corresponding number. One fellow walked away with everything but the glow starter. If I go to vegas, I might have to carry him with me, and hit the craps tables

As mentioned earlier very little flying went one, so we chipped and putted a few golf balls (see attached photos). The reason for having a set of golf clubs and golf balls at a flying field was because I intended to have [link=http://www.geistware.com/rcmodeling/articles/fun_fly_ideas.htm]Aerial golf [/link] as one of the prize events. I mowed a green out on the other side of the runway the day before the event, and a local golf course gave me a putting cup to use.

A lot of hot dogs and chips were ate and a good time was had by those who attended. (See attached photos.)

Later,
Omaha
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86923.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	329363   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72040.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	329364   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82934.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	329365   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn31739.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	329366  
Old 09-26-2005, 08:51 AM
Omaha_RC_Flyer

More photos!

In photo #3 checkout the wind sock in the background.

Later,
Omaha
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90722.jpg
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	329383   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25625.jpg
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	329384   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc80133.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	329385   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nh12113.jpg
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	329386   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gr92136.jpg
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	329387  
Old 09-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Madd_Maxx

Omaha,

I find the best flying in 25+ mph winds with my 40 size spadstick. You can harrier land and just stop midair and hang there with 0 forward motion. The last time it was that windy here you could take off in 2-3 feet with almost vertical climb rate.....yes it probably was a bit windy but still a load of fun. I should have taken along the video camera that day just to share the crazy flying action we had.

Madd_Maxx