Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

My new FX hobbies Bandit

Old 09-21-2005, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new FX hobbies Bandit

I just wanted to tell everyone how much I enjoy my new Bandit 48" from FX Hobbies, with an OS LA 46 its a blast to fly. With the dihedral wing it flies slow like a trainer or hit the gas and it will go straight up. Frank & Dee at FX Hobbies are very nice to work with and they build very very nice planes. I just can't say enough about my experiences with Frank and FX hobbies. These planes are more than a ARF , There an RFE, Ready for Equipment. They go together very fast so you can get flying. So if you want to buy a good plane call frank at FX Hobbies, you won't be disappointed
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32867.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	327523   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85079.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	327524  
Old 09-22-2005, 02:45 AM
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: My new FX hobbies Bandit

I agree with you about FX Hobbies. Just great folks to deal with. I just finished up one of Franks newer airplane called the Tyrant. I added a canopy and did the graphics myself. I have to set up the radio tomorrow and I will be off to the field. This is the 3rd airplane I have purchased from FX Hobbies and so far I have been very happy with them.

Name:	Vt56061.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	327602   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69257.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	327603  
Old 09-22-2005, 09:07 AM

I agree! I have a few of em http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3172383/tm.htm , been flying every weekend since I got em.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:50 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Guys,
I too have a Fx-Hobbies Bandit with the 4 mil wing. Their customer service is the best. This plane is great. I am using a Saito .56 on it. Already had a couple hard landings on a non smooth run way with zero damage (the break away landing gear worked great!) I am going to order their new 2 mil wing for it which Frank said will be like night and day compared to the 4 mil wing. I think I am going to order a tyrant also. These Fx-Hobbies planes are addictive! I cannot believe the quality plane you get for such a great price!
CCRC1 please keep us posted on the progress with your Tyrant. Thanks....Cya, Lumpy
Old 09-22-2005, 10:46 PM

Hi CCRC!
Hey! I like the canopy Idea looks great. So have you flown it yet? I have a tyrant coming too . except mine I ordered with a 56" wing . You see I have never flown a low wing so I hope I can handle it.. So what kind of pipe is that on your super tiger? I have a super tiger 40 I'm going to use on my tyrant. Well your plane looks Trick, good luck with your first flight. let me how it goes Thanks 52167
Old 09-23-2005, 01:23 AM

Haven't been to the field yet, work keeps getting in the way. [sm=angry.gif]
My airplane is set up with a Super Tigre .51 ringed engine with a Macs mini pipe. It should be a hot rod. I am currently flying the old style FX Hobbies Debut with a Thunder Tiger .46 Pro with the same pipe and its and it is a real smoker. Just a blast to fly![sm=thumbup.gif]

This is my Debut

Name:	Ca82185.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	328059   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73995.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	328060  
Old 09-23-2005, 03:56 AM
My Feedback: (133)

I've been waiting 2 wks for my FX plane to get to my door!
I talked with Frank for about 3/4hr before ordering mine, ( he asked that I call him before ordering). Great guy to BS with, I know he is busy, but he was in no hurry to get off the phone. After seeing y'alls plane now I'm really itching to get mime!
Old 09-27-2005, 06:51 PM

OK, finally got a day off from work and got to fly my Tyrant. What a blast!!!!
Still tinkering to get the new Super Tigre .51 broke in and adjusted, but this is a ton of fun to fly. I am running a 10x8 prop and this thing will really get across the sky. It also has very good ground handling characteristics for those who like to shoot touch and go's. Mine takes off in just a few feet and like most SPADs you need to come in a bit hot during landings, but it is very predictable. This is a great windy weather airplane and with a decent headwind I could harrier it to the runway. If you are looking for a 3-D airplane, this is not the best choice. If you are looking for a fast, fun, rip around the sky, smooth, aerobatic demon of an airplane, the FX-Hobbies Tryant is the ticket[sm=thumbup.gif] [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 09-28-2005, 09:44 PM
My Feedback: (16)

I've been waiting 2 wks for my FX plane to get to my door!
Jd380, be patient, with the two hurricanes that hit, the shipping is real slow. I bought a plane from a guy in OK City just before Katrina made landfall and it took 3 weeks to get to my house. And that was by Greyhound bus.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:56 AM
My Feedback: (133)

Jd380, be patient, with the two hurricanes that hit, the shipping is real slow. I bought a plane from a guy in OK City just before Katrina made landfall and it took 3 weeks to get to my house. And that was by Greyhound bus.
[/quote]

Yea I know...He ships by USPS Priority Mail, but still priority mail is worked over the weekends too. It's going on 3 weeks now. I work at a large USPS processing and distribution center and we're sorting New Orleans' mail. Some gets forwarded, rest goes into storage (staging is how the Postal Service says it). Even with the extra mail, it's still getting in and out on time.

Just ready to get me grubby lit' paws on it.[&:]