Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

1st SPAD

Old 09-23-2005, 02:03 PM
moreymex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st SPAD

Hi there, I'm new in the RC airplanes, as i said in other topic i just meet the flying gang so I'm not alone, but all of them uses balsa planes, so there is no SPAD specific info.
I got a PT http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJ557&P=0 and a O.S. Max .40LA.
I would like to try a SPAD because a balsa crash afraids me, but I´ve read that my engine would be under power.
I can only get 4mill coro (no RNAF) and NO GUTTER pipe.

Please help because I'm confused I think these are my options the buhor, Spadet or a Deb:
*Scale down(which %).
*Build coro fuse.
*Build a Tail dagger(all 4 mill).
*Build any plane of these, same as the plans.

In other words I have the OS max .40LA, only 4mill coro, NO GUTTER PIPE, what should I build for the 1st SPAD.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:35 PM
RC-Captain

Default RE: 1st SPAD

there is another guy from mexico on this site and frequently post in the SPAD forums . Try to locate him via SPAD search or by reading some of the forums GL.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:10 PM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

check out the designs that use uchannel. There are a few trainers that use the u channel rather than gutterpipe
Old 09-27-2005, 02:30 PM
voyager_663rd

Friday night special. use a coro fuse instead of downspout. no landing gear is used (hand launch) so it'll be lighter still. your 40 will be fine. 11x6 or 10x8 prop.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:36 PM
SearchMan

You could order the gutter pipe and have it shipped to your location. There are a couple of different suppliers who will cut it and ship it to you. Just do a search for gutter pipe or down spout. Try this link: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c....it.A/id.765/.f