Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

unsure which spad to build for second plane?

Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

unsure which spad to build for second plane?

Old 10-09-2005, 06:13 PM
Madd_Maxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: unsure which spad to build for second plane?

Looks GREAT !!

You will definatelly like the increased visibility you'll get with the black outline on the blue. The more light and dark contrast the better on the top of the wing....ask me how I know that My first and second spad had very little contrast (only a blue stripe 3" wide and a skiny red stripe across the front of the wing) and it was a real chore to see when it got any distance away. Fixed that problem with the spadstick since the graphics are pretty bold and oversized.

Madd_Maxx

Old 10-09-2005, 10:05 PM
scotta1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey how is the wing secured? dowels & r.band?
Old 10-10-2005, 03:23 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks max just what i was thinking myself!!,im glad you like it i just need to get the firewall in and put the engine and all the servos tank et in and ill be ready for the maiden.im thinking it might be a week or so as ive a lot on at the moment!!.
heys scotta the wings will just be held on by dowels and elastic bands,have a look at the plans on the website www.spadtothebone.com,you balance everything before you drill for the dowels!!its all explained in the exellent build notes for the dps.i actually built the dominator wing as i used a single piece of corex 3 mill thick!!insteadof 4 mil bottom 2 mil top as on th dps.it was so easy to build the wing and so far the air frame weighs in at 2 lb 10oz.im thinking of lightening it up even more by drilling a few holes in the fuse too.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:05 PM
martno1fan

well not had time to take pics yet but shes about finnished and weighs in at just under 5 lbs which seems pretty good!!.ill keep you informed and let you know when shes ready for her maiden!!.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:41 AM
martno1fan

well shes finnished and ready to maiden all been well ill take her out tomorrow morning for her maiden!!.im looking forward to it and she has turned out better than i expected,the all up weight is dead on 5 lb which should be about right.heres some pics of her i hope you guys like her!!,wish me luck hehe.[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86036.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	339390   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85673.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	339391   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61305.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	103.5 KB