Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

I was Banned - To any admin or moderator at spadworld.net

Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

I was Banned - To any admin or moderator at spadworld.net

Old 10-31-2005, 05:20 PM
xray328
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was Banned - To any admin or moderator at spadworld.net

Just wondering why I got banned over there?

I asked a question in the beginners forums about using 4mm coroplast for a wing.

I was told by one of the moderators that should do a search to avoid asking such as simple question.

My response was "lets not start that you're wasting our time deal"

I then asked "(God forbid I ask another queston) but... how do you join 4mm coroplast together?"

The thread was immediately locked and I was sent a pm with the topic "Snide remarks" from the admin team tellng me that next time a moderator or administrator tells me to do somethng I better do it or they'd kick my off the board.

I replied to them almost in disbelief that they were getting this upset over it. I basically said that they should leave t as a open discussion board and that as long as I'm not slamming anyone theres no reason to lock the post. We had a couple more conversations about basically the same thng and the next thng I know my post is removed and I'm banned.

I don't want to bring this over to rcuniverse but these guys are being ridiculous. I have no way to contact them and I'd like to hear thier thoughts on this as well as everyone elses.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:39 PM
SemperFitz
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I was Banned - To any admin or moderator at spadworld.net

"When in Rome..."
Old 10-31-2005, 06:55 PM
Clean

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Did you read anything on the www.spadtothebone.com webpage? The SPAD aircraft are listed with links to their plans which list materials used, techniques used and how tos. The front page also has links to general building techniques, flaming coroplast, glues, coro flute tools, just a ton of info. Also, a quick click on the Search button, there's one here too, and with the simple typing of a keyword like Glue, will give you a ton of links on preferred methods of gluing coro, and it seems like everyone has their favorite methods.

However, starting a conversation with a moderator with what comes over as an imputant statement like, 'Lets Not start with that I'm wasting your time deal' and then proceed to ask such a remedial question as how do you glue coro when it is litterally all over the place. Makes it look like you don't want to waste your time or effort and you don't mind trying to shame someone who has dedicated themselves to the edification of hundreds if not thousands into doing it for you.

Correct response would have been 'I'm sorry, I'm a moog. Please point me in the right direction.'

You could always try that method, and apologize to the folks you exchanged with. Mind your manners, be extra humble and I'm sure things will work out splendid. Go to www.spadtothebone.com and READ. Click and Read. I helped set up the old site, though it looks quite a bit better now, I know the information you need is there. Really everything you need is there and what is needed for the site is more aircraft. Now some of the originals are not as spiffy as others, they have improved over the age. But they all are there as an anthology. The extra airplanes added on like the Sicle, the Draco or (God help us) the PBF are planes by other designers whose performance and design are so special as to NEED to be added to the standards.

What got you banned was your attitude and that could have just been a bad day, or a day that you just had problems communicating.
Give it a bit, maybe a month and try my approach and you may very well succeed. Don't forget to spell Moog correctly. Thats all the more I can advise, thats all the more I WILL advise, and that's all the more I need to advise.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:59 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks as though you have your answer. Please contact the admins directly with further questions and comments. Thank you.