Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

All the signs I'm findng have holes...

Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

All the signs I'm findng have holes...

Old 11-03-2005, 04:25 AM
xray328
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All the signs I'm findng have holes...

All the signs I'm finding have a couple holes in the middle of them from the screws used to hold them to the metal posts. Are you guys patching these somehow are just leavng them or what? Thanks!
Old 11-03-2005, 05:25 AM
Clean

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: All the signs I'm findng have holes...

That's not a hole, thats a sticker locator. Find a sticker, apply accordingly!
Old 11-03-2005, 04:21 PM
voyager_663rd

not an issue.

either sticker them, packing tape them or leave them.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:46 PM
acam37
My Feedback: (16)

Yeah, don't worry about the holes. My PBF is only a week old and it has major battle damage from enemy prop strikes. A "lot" of packing tape and it still flies like first time I flew it.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Clean

ORIGINAL: acam37

Yeah, don't worry about the holes. My PBF is only a week old and it has major battle damage from enemy prop strikes. A "lot" of packing tape and it still flies like first time I flew it.

HA!!! Flew like the first time you flew it huh? So did mine. So I abandoned the darn thing. I have NEVER eaten so many props in my life!

Someday I'll have time to learn how to ring the things out, but I had just 'Transisitioned' from one job to another and haven't had the time since, or the props for that matter!
Old 11-03-2005, 11:03 PM
acam37
My Feedback: (16)

Clean, this is off the subject, but CG is everything when it comes to PBF's. I HATED the first one I built and swore never to build another one, but a friend of mine gave me one to finish and after balancing it at 5-1/2" back from the LE it flew so good now I don't want to give it back.As for props I am using a cheapie Hobby Lobby yellow "unbreakable" 9X4 prop and have yet to break the darn thing. And believe me I've tried. [link]http://www.hobby-lobby.com/kavanprop.htm[/link]
Old 11-04-2005, 04:59 AM
Clean

Ya, I had those props and the CG balanced correctly. Don't get me wrong, I was hovering, I was rolling a tad, tornadoin couple other things, it was kinda fun. But even with the 'unbreakable' props EVERY stinkin time I'd come in to land, snap! Kill the engine up high, come in and flair in the tall grass once, SNAP. I had the stinkin prop clocked level with the leading edge, SNAP.

Cursed I tell ya, CURSED!!!

And then the ceaseless questions on just how good a primary trainer the PBF makes, WHICH IS TO SAY IT DOESN""T to all the Moogs listening out there. THE PBF IS NOT A TRAINER!!! Somehow I just know we don't say that enough.