Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

Yet another Deb question regarding throttle push rod..

Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Yet another Deb question regarding throttle push rod..

Old 11-11-2005, 04:33 PM
xray328
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another Deb question regarding throttle push rod..

The throttle servo/arm puts the pushrod in the middle of the fuselage. Consequently, it has to make a hard turn to run along the right side of the fuselage. I put a tube in for the push rod to run through, but shouldn't that tube be CA'd to the fuselage? I can't do that becuase of the angle it has to come off of the control arm. The push rod it a little stiff so it takes more force than I think it should to bend that rod to make that curve. So the tube is just ca'd to the firewall, but thats it. Is that gonna cause a problem? Maybe I could fab something for the tube to run through so its just not loose in there?
Old 11-11-2005, 07:45 PM
DLSmith2

Default RE: Yet another Deb question regarding throttle push rod..

xray328,

When I ran into a similar problem, I drilled two small holes in the fuse, one above the tube and one below, and secured the tube with the smallest zip tie I could use, and that solved the problem. I also put a small zip tie around the end of the tube where it comes through the firewall, and gooped it to the tube just in case.

Hope it helps.

Blue skies,

DL
Old 11-11-2005, 07:52 PM
xray328

That won't put too much strain on the push rod? Did you actually zip tie it to the fuselage or just use the zip tie as a guide so its not loose in there?
Old 11-11-2005, 08:14 PM
KyFBCGuy

Use a cable type with the plastic outside sleeve. or a Laser rod. I tape my throttle cable to the fuel tank and
CA the sleeve to the firewall. The engine, firewall and fueltank, along with the throttle cable come out as one
easy to remove componant when you remove the end of the cable from the servo arm via a clevis soldered
to the cable.

Jeff
Old 11-11-2005, 08:34 PM
xray328

I look into that!