S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

name of foam type??

Old 06-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Perham, ME
Posts: 602
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default name of foam type??

Horizon has a hydro the boat is made out of some kind of foam about 1/8 inch thick. It's the one that flys off water. The foam is solid very light and strong. Would make great wings for some park flyers . Any one know what it is called????????
Old 06-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Senior Member
DLSmith2's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nacogdoches, TX
Posts: 528
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: name of foam type??


I think what you're referring to is called Depron foam. A number of foamie 3D ARFs are made out of it. You can also go to Lowe's or a similar store and get the blue fanfold insulation foam and use it.

Blue skies,


EDIT: Some other possibilities are EPP (Extruded PolyPropylene?) or maybe EPS (Extruded PolyStyrene?).

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.