Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

6 foot wing on BUHOR.....woohoo

Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 04:31 AM
bambam-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 foot wing on BUHOR.....woohoo

Slow flyin has never been so easy.
Check it out.

Old 02-18-2003, 02:09 PM
Tank
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Bam! Looks great man!! I am in the process of building a fuse (BUHOR style) for my 8 foot dihedral wing that I had on my hand launch SpadHor. Now if we can just get rid of this
F?>&?#% snow!Cant wait!!!
Old 02-18-2003, 03:16 PM
SeacretsOceanCity

Default Nice Job

Is that a 40 on the end? and did you slot those rons?
one more thing is that a flat bottom wing? Im gonna do a 6 or8 footer next a real floater. again nice job.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:21 PM
bambam-RCU

Thanx guys.
Yes that's an OS 40LA on the nose swinging an APC 11x3 prop. I've found that since the 40LA runs better at lower RPM's than other 40's, an 11 inch prop works much better than a 10 inch. It just gives it a bunch more pull & doesn't die out while climbing.

I did cut out 4 two inch slots on each ron but I need to cut 3 or 4 more. Even with a standard servo on each ron they just don't want to move up & down.

The wing is a flat bottom RNAF type with 5 inches of dihedral. In case you don't already know, RNAF is 2 mil top & 4 mil bottom. Check out the Das Plas Stick plans for an idea of it.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:58 PM
SeacretsOceanCity

Sand the inside of the hinge lightly she will free up nice.the servo will last longer
Old 02-19-2003, 04:20 AM
bambam-RCU

Found a major malfunction in the wing. I built it & set up the rons in the same day. That night, or the next day, the wing developed a warp. The right outer LE is about 3/8" higher than the opposite wing tip. This is why I had to put in a ton of right aileron during flight. I'm gonna try putting some books on it to try to get it straightened out. Wish me luck.

(kick, cuss, throw, cuss again)
Old 02-19-2003, 05:17 AM
kramer
My Feedback: (61)

I have got an 80" buhor almost done.just got to install push rods and try it
Old 02-19-2003, 07:15 PM
bkf
My Feedback: (5)

Originally posted by bambam
Found a major malfunction in the wing. I built it & set up the rons in the same day. That night, or the next day, the wing developed a warp. The right outer LE is about 3/8" higher than the opposite wing tip. This is why I had to put in a ton of right aileron during flight. I'm gonna try putting some books on it to try to get it straightened out. Wish me luck.

(kick, cuss, throw, cuss again)
Bam: You wrote here that built wing and setup the "Rons" The same day and it warped. Could you explain that a bit more. Perhaps that things need to dry in an certain order for this to happen. Im just asking if this is true. Just adding one more thing to very long list of things I don't know. Thanks
Old 02-19-2003, 09:19 PM
bambam-RCU

What I meant was that I built the wing in the morning, let all glue joints set between 20 to 30 minutes, then after it was all glued up I cut the aileron hinges & installed the pushrods and servos. At this point all was good. Got to the field, made sure all control surfaces moved in the right direction & put her in the air. Had to adjust almost full right trim to get it to fly well. Added a little right rudder also & she was good to go. That was the last flights of the day. When I got home & was cleaning the plane up, I noticed the warped wing. I don't know how it happened. This has never happened to me before.

It hasn't been hot at all and it hasn't sat in the sun except for the ride to the field & back. If the suns rays are what warped it, I would think it would go back to normal when taken out of the sunlight & cooled down.