Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

SPAD FLYER

Old 06-13-2008, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SPAD FLYER

Well, I was going to order my SPADFlyer 48" trainer today. Unfortunately my dog had other ideas. She and a dog we have been fostering for some time had an "arguement" andshe lost. One chewed up ear that needs stitches and a some minor stuff elswhere, + $30 to microchip her since she's our nbew one and hasnt been done yet = $230 vet bill.. I guess my new airplane will have to wait

I know, not much of a post but I had to whine somewhere...
Old 06-13-2008, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SPAD FLYER

Coroplast isn't that much. With the end of politics and signs everywhere, go get some free stuff and make your own. A Spadet is a good trainer as is a Spadstick. Both fly nicely with a 40 size engine. Get the plane made and wait for the funds for the electronics and engine. Pick up a used engine for sale on RCU or Ebay and off you go. If you already have the Tx and a few spare parts laying around, you'll be flying a Spad in no time. Good luck.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the engine and radio need only the airframe, hardware and the servo's!

(Recently upgraded my Balsa trainer to Spektrum radio so Ive a JR Quatro and RS7000 TX/RX set needing a home) I would build if I had access to the signs, but I just dont know where to get them locally. I suppose some research is in order!

Eventually I will be buying a plane as well just to have the extra LOL! That and I like what SPADFlyer has going on and wish to support the SPAD community. Besides you have to admit, assuming you have none ofthe components and need to get them all, $50 for a complete airframe isnt a bad deal.

(Actually I also intend to build a SIG 4*60 kit, but ran out of $$ before I bought the kit, so it waits till next year around bonus time.)
Old 06-13-2008, 05:24 PM

you cant go wrong with the price of a spad ait frame and best of all you dont have to mess with that stupid moncoat LOL. I just started calling sign shops until I found one that would sell to me, most of them wanted to sell a sign only and not just coroplast. also harborsales is a great place to buy coro. it just needs to be cut to have it shipped. once you try coro, you wont go back. especially after you crash and destry a $150 balsa plane, if you destry a spad, your only out 20 bucks or less. also check out the corostar 60 build thread. its pretty cool and it is a great plane. flys better with a 75 though. if you need any info on spads don't hessitate to P.M. me.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:45 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Will send Matt Blunt sign and cheese and crackers ASAP!! My new boston terrior chewed the window sill a 7' long one in the living room. Nice doggy doggy BOOM! Well he's a pretty good dog just not out of the puppy stage. Build a spad they aren't tp pricey at all. good luck with the dogs.