Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

My New Gnat

Old 07-08-2008, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New Gnat

During all of the snow last winter, the plane that kept me flying was my Gnat on skis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1g047ZLfeM

When we built my daughter's Mini-Deb this spring, I gave her the .25LA from my Gnat and retired it. This week, I decided to give her Mini-Deb a power boost by giving her the .25FX from my Twister plane, which looked better than it flew, which freed up my .25LA for a new Gnat.

I got home from work today to an empty house, so I spent 3 hours building a new wing for my Gnat, and putting it all back together. I had completely stripped it for parts, so there wasn't much left. My new Gnat is now ready for flight.

Here is the Gnat, Mini-Deb, and what's left of "Twister". I have a trip to the field planned for Thursday. I can't wait to see how the Gnat flies without any landing gear. It should be a challenge.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45037.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	986513   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63393.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	986514   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej14095.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	986515  
Old 07-08-2008, 06:53 PM

Default RE: My New Gnat

very cool Mclina, were are the Gnat plans. I need to build one for fun. have you tried the corostang? its a great 25fx plane, its pretty easy to build also. Im building ten planes total for a combat meet at the end of the month. I got 7 more to do. have you thought of putting a larger engine on that twister? I have been using the magnum 46 for my kids planes and I have had real good luck with them, there affordable also, again nice plane

area 53 spadshop team spadaholics
Old 07-08-2008, 07:09 PM

The Gnat plans are in the "Spads on Rails" section of STTB.

I have an extra .46LA that I may put on the Twister. I have also glued up two 48" spars, and I'm thinking of trying a bipe.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:21 PM

that 46 will be nice in the twister, a Bipe would be cool, I have been thinking about one also. I will do one after the big combat build. what are you going to use as a base model? I was thinking of the demon with 36" wings. hows the kids flying going?

area53 spadshop, team spadaholics
Old 07-08-2008, 10:31 PM

The kids have been busy this summer, visiting Grandmas and stuff. We should start to get in more flying soon.

The bipe I have in my head will have 48" wings, which I am going to build like mini-Deb wings without dihedral and a 42" fuse. I am trying to figure out the wing mounts, but I am thinking of stacking a short section of downspout on top of the main fuse. We'll see if it ever materializes.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:58 PM

I have seen the downspout stacked like that. it looks like it works pretty good. cant wait to see it.