Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Here's my PBF in the tree, I have a question >

Here's my PBF in the tree, I have a question

Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Here's my PBF in the tree, I have a question

Old 06-24-2003, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's my PBF in the tree, I have a question

Picture
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	89028_13050.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	51569  
Old 06-24-2003, 09:29 PM

Now for my question....2.7 pounds with the gp42 on it....i have the cg at 6.25 I'm having the same problem over and over, at hovering throttle it takes up all of my right airleron to keep her straight...I've tried a 11.5x4 prop(warning do not use this prop!!!) and my regular 10x4 props that I've used before...I also tried a 9x6 prop which gave it great pullout but at the same time it was acting like I was giving it left aileron when actually it was full right

Ended up not being able to control it and after a near miss on me and my dog I flew her into a tree. What is my problem here? elevon deflection is at about 1.5" and 2 on the rudder...thanks guys!!
Old 06-25-2003, 01:29 AM

where's Dave McDonald at....he'll know what's happening
Old 06-25-2003, 02:12 AM

1.5" total travel? Way too little! 45 degrees. 9 x 6 bad choice. 10 x 4, 11x4 or 12 x 4(although 12 x 4 might be kinda big in that bush .40) Long blades with small pitch is what you need for flying that thing. Check the thrust line. I use a tad of down thrust, a thin washer under the back 2 screws on the engine. You're not trying to fly it flat, right? It needs to be in a high aoa most of the time.
Old 06-25-2003, 03:31 AM

no, 3 inch total travel, 1.5 up 1.5 down...yah I like the 10x4.......what does down thrust do?....and yes it's in nose high flight
Old 06-25-2003, 10:51 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Default cg

Hey man I think you got your cg back to far. It will fly real easy at 5" then move it back to 6" when you get used to it. Yes get all the travel possible like rsieminski said, 45 degrees. Go to the hobby shop and get those dubro servo arms and use the longest ones! While your there get 10x4 and 10x5 props you'll love'em! It takes a bunch of right aileron to hover a pbf or any airplane because of the engine torque. I hope this helps some. This info has been covered a 1000 times in Dave's tread and other places. Check them out for even better info! Boogerboy
Old 06-25-2003, 12:52 PM
My Feedback: (21)

1.5" travel on the throws is to little, you got to maximize the throw as much you can hehehe!