Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

PVC Suggestions

Old 06-25-2003, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PVC Suggestions

Hi folks,

I am new to the forum and building my first SPAD. Can anyone suggest places to get the square PVC? I have looked at several places and the only thing I have seen is the Vinyl gutter pipe. It seems too thin and is not flat. Am I looking in the wrong place or is it just that scarce?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Roger
Old 06-25-2003, 07:05 PM

Default PVC Suggestions

me 2!
Old 06-25-2003, 07:07 PM

Default PVC Suggestions

You found the ribbed downspout right? If you went to Home Depot, Lowe's or some other big box operation that's all they're going to have. Try a smaller home center like ACE or the like and see if they have it.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:52 PM

Default PVC Suggestions

Haven't tried this in a while, but a year or two ago, this was the best bet for folks in the U.S. Go to http://doitbest.com/shop/find2.asp , and search for a store near you. Then search for "downspout", get the SKU number (brand name is Genova) and go to the store and special order enough for about 50 spads.

(seems like I'm repeating myself!)
Old 06-26-2003, 12:37 AM

Default 2.5 downspout

I have 9 ten foot sticks of the American downspout, and I could cut it into lengths, and send it to you. I would want $9.00 per 10ft stick cut into any combination of lengths you want, plus shipping. I would sugest getting more than one stick because shipping will kill ya on just one.

I can cut it into any combinaton of lengths to equal the 120in. per stick. 40in. is used on the Deb, but many planes are 30in. Just FYI, I shipped some to Chicago and shipping alone cost $8.20 from here UPS ground.

If you cant find any, and you need it email me at [email protected] and we can get it set up!

Ray
Old 06-26-2003, 07:37 PM

Default PVC Suggestions

Well, I decided to try the "doitbest" but they don't stock it and can only order and sell it ten 10' sections at a time. That is a lot of SPADs. I then decided to try a smaller hardware dealer and struck gold. For anyone in the Little Rock area that is looking for downspout, Fuller and Sons Hardware carries it in stock.

Thanks for all the suggestions . . . I gotta plane to build . . .