Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

New Glue (( Maybe ??)))

Old 06-25-2003, 08:30 PM
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Glue (( Maybe ??)))

The other night I was Playing around with some Coro Plast (( Wife Says Im easily Amused ..I Think shes right !! )) Ive Had trouble in the past glueing it with C A ..
Being in the Auto Body Biss for 20 some years I asked myself what I would use on a car to glue something like this ?? Well I tried some 3 M Super Weather Strip Adhesive ..With and With Out flashing the coro ..
I put glue on one piece pressed them together then waited about 3 to 5 minutes and press them back together ..After holding for less than a minute i had a bond that is Super Super Stroung .. Almost imposible to pull apart ..
Only Down side is be carefull to not get any on pieces that you dont want to have yellow or black glue on ..Its imposible to get smears off of it if your messy ..Im pretty sure they make this in clear but havnt had the time to investigate ..
By the way flashing doesnt seem nesacery ..
Im sort of new to this So im just wondering if any body else ever tried it ?? I saw one guy use Wall Mart Welder glue and that seems to work almost as well as this ..With the 3 M it seems like you use less glue on it thow ..Just a small line will do Ya !!!
Its avaible at Most auto parts stores ..
Peace Out !!
Larry
P.S. No I DONT work for 3 M ..L.O.L...
Old 06-25-2003, 08:59 PM

I think Swede said he used it once upon a time, and it worked pretty well.
http://www.rccombat.com/forum_2000/t...strip,adhesive
Old 06-26-2003, 04:13 AM
My Feedback: (19)

Thanks Chris
I guess theres others who are easily entertained ..My most recent project is to make a Barbie Doll Sky Dive ..Got a drop system all in place .. Barbie has had Her jumping lessons and is ready ..Just Hope weather holds out sunday ..
You got plans for that bipe on your website .. Looks Cool ..The Gee Bee is sweet to ..
Peace Out
Larry
Old 06-26-2003, 10:16 AM

I actually started a set of bipe plans, but never got em finished. Its not too complicated. Coro fuse 48" long, with the 4" pvc for formers, the wings are 14x96 (including the 2" ailerons). Power is a ryobi 31cc, auw is about 12 1/2 lbs.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:41 AM
`3D
My Feedback: (1)

3m Super Weather Strip Adhesive comes in spray cans too, I use it al the time to hold gaskets in place. Hybond, is a good one too.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:00 PM

Chris

Please Finish those plans. That plane is perfect for my first gasser.