Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Seeking Knowledge

Old 06-28-2003, 06:03 AM
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking Knowledge

Any body know of a web site or good book that tells about RC Airplane design ..The stuff like incedence and Right Trust And the proper way to set up air planes ..Im still new at this stuff and the terminollgy I dont understand ..Like A Air Plane Design For Dummies Book would be nice .. I built a Dogfighter and it just isnt healthy ..It didnt want to fly at all and just kinda hovered and fell ..It would start to make a slow left turn but remain level ..
It seemed to me to be tail heavy so I moved the wing till it is a little nose heavy to level ..
The way I understand it is the Cg is always a 1/3 the course of the wing Not counting ailerons as wing area ..Is this True ..??
These are the types Of ?? I have ..Would Love to build a Bipe ut it seems like they would have a ton of issues ..
So any way do you know of a website that says this is this and has this effect that I can understand with out needind a PHD in Airodynamics ??
Peace Out
Larry B
Old 06-28-2003, 10:13 AM

GC is about 30% of the cord INCLUDING ailerons for a constant cord wing, tapered and swept wings etc it's 30% of MAC., deltas and canards etc are a whole diferent thing.

and way soem one should be able to point you to some sites, since my pc crashed i've lost all mine
Old 06-28-2003, 12:35 PM

http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/hobby/pmdesign.htm
Old 06-28-2003, 05:04 PM
My Feedback: (19)

Thats one of the reasons I Love this Hobby ..People are very helpfull ..