Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

A couple of hrs in the hobby room, and look what I came out with:

Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

A couple of hrs in the hobby room, and look what I came out with:

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 07:43 PM
rsieminski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple of hrs in the hobby room, and look what I came out with:

Actually I ditched all my to-do's, and spent several hrs in the plane room and came out with this:
AUW 2# 6oz, 46in sym wing, 13.5in root chord, 7.5in tip chord, No Horizontal Stab, New Mag .15, with an 8x3 MAS prop, CG at 12%, 3 ch, elevon mixing, coro fuse, Double tapered wing, 1 7/8 LE taper

Old 10-05-2009, 07:48 AM
jaav

Default RE: A couple of hrs in the hobby room, and look what I came out with:

Nice..Flights?
Old 10-05-2009, 07:45 PM
rsieminski

Default RE: A couple of hrs in the hobby room, and look what I came out with:

Ok, i didn't see it, but the tag said today was the day. The battery came loose in a high banked turn and it went in at full throttle. Totaled the fuse and wing, broke a prop, and stripped 1 servo. Luckily the engine (my brand new Mag .15xls) came loose with the impact, and is just fine. It did fly nice for 3 flights though. I was in the process of moving the cg back, and adjusted the position of the battery. Note to self: no less than 2 zip ties on the battery, and never reuse.. 16% seemed to be getting real close. Oh well. It was fun to fly, but I found myself wishing it had more speed. The next one may need a .32.