Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

spadstick build videos

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:26 PM
draftman1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spadstick build videos

here is a series of build videos for the spadstick. parts 4 and 5 will be posted shortly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyd7NVhr1AA
Old 10-09-2009, 07:48 AM
richg99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: spadstick build videos

Great job as usual Andy. I forwarded the LINK on to a guy back in Illinois who might have an interest in SPADDing. You make it look SOOOOO easy. Ha Rich
Old 10-09-2009, 10:21 AM
draftman1

Thanks Rich. yeah forward to anybody you want too. I will be doing a spadet build soon. I have the corostang ready to be uploaded also. Im glad you enjoyed it. part 5 should be done by now.
I will be doing the corsair next.
after building 75 plus spads, it gets easier each time. you will get there! I was the same way. I used to look at the other guys builds and was totaly amaized.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:36 AM
richg99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Andy, a number of things slow/stop people from trying this hobby. When you add up the cost of a 4 channel new radio; receiver; an engine; and THEN the $150.00 or so cost of a plane that crumbles in one crash....

...lots of guys just don't want to spend the bucks to "see" if they like the hobby.

With new cheap ARFS; OR...cheap new radios and receivers...and a reasonably priced engine or electric motor/esc/batttery...add in a SPAD .... there are a lot fewer $$$$$ issues in the excuse pile..

I got suckered in with a $75.00 cost for two almost non-flying electrics...but..now I can proudly say I've spent more in the last two years than I did on my last two boating years... Ha ha

Keep 'em coming. regards, Rich
Old 10-09-2009, 11:54 AM
draftman1

Yeah, I know were your coming from. if it wasnt for SPADS, Im not sure if I would still be flying. If I was, I would be building a balsa plane every two months. I dont do arfs. the spads have kept me and my two boys in the game and have been enjoying every minute of it. I will keep the videos coming. any requests for a build video?