RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/s-p-d-aircraft-coroplast-design-178/)
-   -   Bulldawg Plans, Anyone have them? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/s-p-d-aircraft-coroplast-design-178/10273982-bulldawg-plans-anyone-have-them.html)

motoxxx996 01-19-2011 08:59 AM

Bulldawg Plans, Anyone have them?

After doing several differnt searches, I cannot find any plans for the bulldawg online, just a bunch of dead links. Does anyone have the specs for this plane I would love to build one.
Please help!

PatrickCurry 01-19-2011 12:14 PM

RE: Bulldawg Plans, Anyone have them?

I think Mr. Clean's your man on that one.  IIRC he's done a couple different versions of the Bulldawg and if he doesn't have plans he'll know where to find them.

draftman1 01-19-2011 02:45 PM

that was Spaddawg's design, he is out of building anything. I might have the plans somewhere, I will look for them

MrGreenSpeed 01-19-2011 05:21 PM

I'll look for the plans too.
Here is a great mod to the BullDawg by MrClean. [8D]

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_99...tm.htm#9914692
Jeff ;)

Here are plans for a CoroRoo very close to a BullDawg http://www.spadcombat.co.uk/spad/ind...fileinfo&id=97

MrGreenSpeed 01-19-2011 05:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
See if this works BullDawg plans in PDF

MrGreenSpeed 01-19-2011 05:39 PM

A little more info. ;)

http://spadworld.net/archive/viewtop...er=asc&start=0

motoxxx996 01-19-2011 06:46 PM

Thanks for the replies, the plans opened fine I really appreciate you posting them. I can get it strarted now.:D

MrGreenSpeed 01-22-2011 03:58 PM

Your welcome.
Hope to see some pics of Your progress.

Jeff ;)

motoxxx996 02-04-2011 07:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here she is, it is almost done. I just have to take care of a few more details, I hope to have it in the air this weekend.

motoxxx996 02-04-2011 11:00 AM

Well I flew it, I had it flying for about 5 minutes, it sure is fast. The problem is that it went into a flat spin for no real reason. I cut the throttle gave a little opposite aileron and it came out of the spin but the wing was stalled at that point and it went into a corkscrewing death spiral. I have read that having the rudder on the wing tips can cause this to happen. I need to make a new fuse, the wing is fine. I will try putting the rudders in the middle on the sides of the fuse, I hear that can help to eliminate this problem.

MrGreenSpeed 02-04-2011 03:47 PM

OUCH [X(] sorry the maiden only lasted 5 min [:@]

The CG might be off just a little too, add a heavy hub for the next maiden flight to see if a little more forward CG helps.

I like the fins on the fuse or if using a rudder just one large fin like the Outlaw Delta has on it.

Good luck on BullDawg MK-II [8D]

Jeff ;)

Clean 02-08-2011 03:50 AM

Yea, it didn't go into a flat spin for NO reason, it went into a flat spin because the CG is too far back. While you had power on and a good head of speed it was probably alright BUT when you do a hard pull you slow down real fast and if that mill isn't putting enough air over the fuse you'll just loose it. I had mine with the cg too far back and with an empty fuel tank when the engine died it just floated like a leaf, I had no directional control at all and after it was floating moving the elevons didn't make a bit of difference. The nose and fuel tank location is so long though that if you have the CG at 19% empty it'll be under 10 with a full tank which makes the elevator a little slow at launch but nothing like having the CG at 12-15 percent empty which when you launch and pull full up the tail will drop but it will keep plowing straight ahead.

I need to make a new wing for my TopDawg. I flew it last fall and it was just a potato chip it's warped so much. It'll happen. But I remember some fun days skipping the Bulldawg off the runway down in Texas and Rantoul at Spads over Texas and SF 06.

Clean 02-08-2011 03:58 AM

By the way, a TopDawg is just a Bulldawg with the fuse on the bottom of the wing and a single vertical stab on top. Little easier to launch for me.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3..._4092354_n.jpg

draftman1 02-08-2011 08:21 AM

are the two wing peices, flat together? no airfoil? wow, thats cool!

Clean 02-08-2011 01:08 PM

yup, it's a quick and dirty delta. The trick is to get FLAT coro plast for your wing. The two panels join with 90 degree flute rotation. Put the servos halfway out in the wing. Wing flex WILL lock your elevons up if you have them in the fuse (done that). You'll know if you're wing is flat by the amount of trim change from High to low speed. My first one needed a couple clicks of trim to the left at low speed and about as much right at 137 mph (fastest I ever dopplered it) One day while I was flying it in Texas it took off with the normal couple clicks left and by the end of the flight I had all my right trim in with a little right stick. That means it was REALLY moving, but I didn't have any doppler going on it. AT Spadfest 06 in Rantoul the winds were incredible. I'd sneak upwind 10-20 feet off the deck where the winds were lower, zoom high and then come screaming by upwind. 30-40 mph of tailwind and 130 ish mph makes for a real fast flyby.

motoxxx996 02-10-2011 07:49 AM

I have it almost all rebuilt, I just need to install the throttle servo. I ended up making the fuselage 2" longer so I could get the CG forward more, it is now flush with the leading edge of the wing. For the first flight I had the battery and receiver pushed as far forward as possable and my CG was 8 1/2" back, now with the longer fuselage my CG will be around 7 1/2" without adding weight. I also moved the verticle stabs to the middle. I hope that between these two changes my flight time will surpass 5 minutes, I will post some pictures of it later.

MrGreenSpeed 02-10-2011 05:37 PM

Awesome.
Awaiting the next flight report [8D]

Jeff ;)

motoxxx996 02-10-2011 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is MK-II :) It's ready for action, I will post how it does after I fly it.

motoxxx996 02-12-2011 09:08 PM

It needs some fine tuning but it does fly, the motor was barely running good enough to fly, I will put a better motor in it after I get the bugs worked out of it. It was a real windy day so I didn't get a chance to fly much.
Here is a video of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snilxrLyIGk

Clean 02-13-2011 12:21 PM

You fly that thing any later and you're gonna need landing lights! Still, looks pretty good. Need to get them engine RPMs up a bit though, then it'll yank out of your hand and zoom right along. Store it hangin or on a flat surface to keep that wing straight and you'll have quite the fun time with it. I've got to go buy some new coro that's flat and cut me a new wing.

MrGreenSpeed 02-15-2011 05:41 PM

MK-ll looks awesome.

Now that the VA fixed My right eye I might have to build one too.......[8D]

Jeff ;)

spede18 04-02-2011 11:05 AM

Could this be made to work with a 540 brushed motor??

Clean 04-07-2011 03:17 AM

Don't do electrics myself but have seen enough to know that if you know your motors, props and battery combos you probably can have MORE power than I do with a 47 on it.

skorz 12-04-2020 02:45 AM

Hi, following the plan I did a bulldawg with a gms 47, great flight, speed is not that much yet, because of the soft yellow 10x6 kavan fitted on it.

A land gear is installed as I know how difficult it's for me to keep the prop more than 2 flights on a flying wing.

I can't post yet my video, but soon as I get 5 post I will.

Thnak's for the plan !

Clean 12-09-2020 10:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Bulldawg pdf attached