RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/s-p-d-aircraft-coroplast-design-178/)
-   -   Harbor Sales Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/s-p-d-aircraft-coroplast-design-178/992184-harbor-sales-service.html)

robb_h 07-26-2003 12:31 AM

Harbor Sales Service

I just received my first coroplast order from Harbor Sales (www.harborsales.net), and everything can be summed-up in one word: outstanding.

I ordered on Wednesday night, and it was here come Friday. Before I ordered, I was thinking; "It's going to come taped together, and all the edges are going to be shredded to heck". Not the case. Everything was extremely well packed in two (2) cardboard boxes with interleaving, so it couldn't slide around at all. Storing it in these boxes will be ideal.

Ordering from their website was very simple. The cut-to-size option was great, and easy to follow.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the attention they paid to my measly $40 order. I was afraid they might only cater to their larger customers. I guess I was wrong.

Robb

Crash Master 07-26-2003 01:42 AM

Harbor Sales Service

Robb, I order all of my coro from harbor and have nothing but excellent service from them. I usually order $25 - $50 at a time and it has always been very well packaged.

SPAD's rule!!!

Shortman 07-26-2003 11:34 PM

Harbor Sales Service

I also placed an order through harbor sales and ordered 12 sheets of coroplast. They were awesome and everything came as expected

Askalon 07-27-2003 02:10 AM

Harbor Sales Service

ok, how did you guys get your orders done? I checked and to get 6 pieces my shipping was going to be $80. What am I doing wrong or is this normal?

Edit: Ok, I think I have it correct now, but do you get the exact size you need or do you get them a bit larger on the custom cuts?

Also, when I need 4 custom cut pieces, do I add 4 4X8 sheets and then put in I need 4 custom cut sizes or just put 1 4x8 and then the 4 custom cut sheets I need ? (32"X13", I am making the trainer wings and I want to order enough to make two in case I screw up).

FrankC29 07-27-2003 05:28 AM

Harbor Sales Service

I often wonder what Harbor Sales makes of this use of their product? They must get a kick out of it...

mikenlapaz 07-27-2003 05:30 AM

Harbor Sales Service

Askalon: 80 for shipping? I thought the shipping within 48 US was free if the order exceeded a minimum amount.

Keep the info coming. Has anyone had experience with international shipments from them?

Askalon 07-27-2003 07:57 AM

Harbor Sales Service

yeah, I chose all 4x8 sheets and I guess UPS will not ship them that way (out of demisions for them) so ytou get reemed on shipping. Once I used the cut to size, it worked out. If you get more than $50, you get free shipping, but I want to know how to order the custom cut sheets. If I select only one, the price does not change when I tel them I want more. Kind of confusing I know, but I may call them up on Monday and ask.

Shortman 07-27-2003 04:50 PM

Harbor Sales Service

the big 4 x 8 sheets are EXPENSIVE TO SHIP, just buy the already cut 24" x 24" standard sheets

Askalon 07-27-2003 05:22 PM

Harbor Sales Service

yep, but do I need to add a 4X8 sheet for every custom cut sheet?

FrankC29 07-27-2003 06:10 PM

Harbor Sales Service

Yes I believe so. You buy the coro by the sheet, they do not sell it in fractions of a sheet.

pinball-RCU 07-27-2003 06:31 PM

Harbor Sales Service

My friend and I have made quite a few smallish orders from Harbor, and they are outstanding. But, here is my standard advice. CALL THEM. The web site is not intuitive (IMHO) for what most of us do. What you want to do is buy 4' x 8' sheets, but have them cut for shipping. I have them cut each sheet into 2' x 4' pieces, but the UPS shipping rules also allow 32" x 48" pieces (thirds). The reason to call, rather than use the web site is to get the flutes in the right direction. Out of a 4x8 sheet, you get 4 2x4 pieces. Maybe you want 2 with flutes in one direction and 2 with flutes in the other. On the phone, that's a piece of cake, they do it every day for us Spadders. My memory is that shipping is free (over $25 ???), but there's a small charge for the cutting.

The best thing about Harbor is that the packaging is perfect for storage, plus the coro they sell seems to stay flat forever.

Call them. I am sure they will take really good care of you. They know we are building model planes.

Don't forget to add a couple of rolls of 5 year vinyl!

Crash Master 07-27-2003 10:10 PM

Harbor Sales Service

While I have had no problems ordering my pieces (I usually order 24"x36" with half the flutes running one direction and half the other) online, I agree with Pinball - Call them. Especially if you are not sure or are not comfortable with ordering on their website.

When I order, I go here and pick the panel size I want. As stated, I always go with 24"x36" so I order so many panels at this size and then so many panels at the 36"x24".

Then choose the thickness (I only order 2mm or 4mm) and then the color.

I have been told from Harbor Sales that they do not always show all of the colors that they have in stock on the website. So, if they don't have the color you're looking for, your best bet is to call them. They have great service and support.

Good luck,

Askalon 07-28-2003 05:24 PM

Harbor Sales Service

Sorry i hijacked your thread Robb_H.

I, being a dweeb and all, went ahead and ordered online thinking I was smart enough to do this. I got a very nice call back as I had royally messed up my order. They were awesome to deal with and she even asked if I was making an airplane out of this. i responded yes and she laughed (not sure if it was at me or with me). We got it all straightened out and I should get my stuff soon and can get that wing built.

For any other newbie's to ordering from them, call, it makes it all worth it.

*Crash*Johnson* 07-28-2003 06:49 PM

Harbor Sales Service

I just placed my 1st order order with them as well, and needless to say, flawless service. I received an email an hour later telling me it would ship today and I should have it tomorrow.
Their customer service rocks!

robb_h 07-28-2003 08:38 PM

Harbor Sales Service

Askalon,

Don't feel bad. I filled-up two (2) pages of scratch paper going thru all of the permutations to make sure I got it right. I'd say I spent at least 1 1/2 hours.

They only show white and yellow for the 24 x 24 pieces, and white only for the 24 x 36 pieces. That's how I got my white and yellow, without getting 4 x 8 pieces. I then got a 4 x8 red, and a 4 x 8 gray. Each one of these was cut into four (4) 2 x 4 pieces. Half with the flutes in the 2 foot direction, and half in the 4 foot direction. Makes for a nice selection.

I wish I had asked them if I could get any color in a 24 x 36 piece, as that would have saved me from buying whole, 4 x 8 sheets.

Robb

hilleyja 08-01-2003 07:28 PM

Harbor Sales Service

My last order consisted of 8 sheets with the following cuts:

(2) 48" x 24"
(2) 36" x 24"
(1) 24" x 24"

The order total came to $76.72 -- no shipping charge and is the smallest order you can make and get the free shipping.

The free shipping deal is based on a $50.00 item order and does not include the cutting charge.

I did a little research and the largest piece you can get that can be shipped UPS is 48" x 40"

(8) 24" x 24" WHITE
(8) 24" x 24" PURPLE
(9) 24" x 24" BLACK
(9) 24" x 24" GREEN
(9) 24" x 24" GRAY
(9) 24" x 24" ORANGE
(9) 24" x 24" RED
(9) 24" x 24" YELLOW
(1) 24" x 24" LIGHT BLUE
(1) 24" x 24" IVORY
(2) 48" x 24" LIGHT BLUE
(2) 48" x 24" BLACK
(2) 48" x 24" GREEN
(2) 48" x 24" GRAY
(2) 48" x 24" ORANGE
(2) 48" x 24" RED
(2) 48" x 24" YELLOW
(2) 48" x 24" IVORY
(2) 36" x 24" LIGHT BLUE
(2) 36" x 24" BLACK
(2) 36" x 24" GREEN
(2) 36" x 24" GRAY
(2) 36" x 24" ORANGE
(2) 36" x 24" RED
(2) 36" x 24" YELLOW
(2) 36" x 24" IVORY

*Crash*Johnson* 08-02-2003 01:42 AM

Harbor Sales Service

Looks like Jim is gonna have a nice size fleet when he is done.

Jim,
how many planes are you gonna make with that?

Clean 08-02-2003 02:44 AM

Harbor Sales Service

As far as Harbor wondering about what we do with their product, SPAD was detailed in their company newsletter several years ago, only a sentence or two, but enough and I can't remember if they didn't have a picture of Tattoo and his Corospit.

I pimped these guys back on the old RCOnline, I wasn't the guy that found them however, just a guy that trumpted them loudly.

I still do, they are FANTASTIC!

hilleyja 08-02-2003 07:25 PM

Harbor Sales Service

Originally posted by *Crash*Johnson*
Looks like Jim is gonna have a nice size fleet when he is done.

Jim,
how many planes are you gonna make with that?

I've been buying up all the cheap 25-40s I can find on eBay. Its looking like I need to start collecting servos too -- I have plenty of RXs and battery packs.

SeacretsOceanCity 08-04-2003 04:19 PM

Harbor

Well I just got back from Harbor my first trip.
They have a very nice and large operation there, its out in the sticks Sudlersville, MD. is a small town. They let me walk into the warehouse I got to see the shelf it comes from , I got weak in the knees.Stack Stack and more Stacks.
The ladies there are very nice and helpful.I recommend to anyone
that needs coro this is your supplier.Could'nt bring myself to tell them what it was for.

*Crash*Johnson* 08-04-2003 06:13 PM

Harbor Sales Service

I agree with 512CES. Did you meet Sue? She had replied back to my email and was super nice.
They realize how important customer service is!

RedWing 08-05-2003 02:05 PM

Harbor Sales Service

I just did my first order with Harbor.
Great service, got my order in a couple of days.

Flight Risk 08-17-2003 05:04 AM

Harbor Sales Service

I was just trying to check on my order status from Harbor Sales and their web sight isn't working. I ordered a week ago on their web sight and haven't received any notice of shipment. I hope they are still in business. Does anyone have info?
Thanks,
Rod

SeacretsOceanCity 08-17-2003 10:34 AM

Harbor Sales Service

I doubt they went out of business they are huge CORO is a small fraction of what they carry. call toll freePhone: (800)345-1712

Jonathan Ott 08-17-2003 01:25 PM

Harbor Sales Service

What is the stock number(s) on their Coroplast? How do they have it listed? I cannot find it on their web site.

Thanks,

Jon