Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

Ash Creek Warbird Race, Who's Going?

Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

Ash Creek Warbird Race, Who's Going?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 02:23 PM
pjakew
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ash Creek Warbird Race, Who's Going?

It is never easy to see a viking funeral with these racers. I sure liked seeing you race that Panama Red. You going to do another P-47 or do you have other plans?
Old 06-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Trashman88

Amen to that. I know the feeling. 3 year champion and many races won with my plane that was in the midair. I will be hanging mine up with a picture of Casey and then have Casey over for a BBQ so hecan look at it. lmao!!Its all good Casey, its called racing. I have to admit it wasfun raceup to that point.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Trashman88

Ollie,
Loren and I are working on some plans for the series as we speak. As soon as we get the details done, then we will bring it up to everyone to see if there is a interest. I believe what we have thought of will be liked by most racers. Don't worry everyone, we will not effect the SAM warbird racing at all and nothing will be done until we talk to everyone. This is all just talk and paper right now. I am hoping to have a rough scretch drawn up with Loren by Kimo's Race.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave,

Thanks to you and whoever filmed that race for getting some of the race action up on this thread. I was filming that race, too; and was a little more zoomed-in on the mid-air when it happened. Unfortunately, I filmed this footage - as well as the really outstanding Silver race with both Loren Baucht, Loren Shaw, and two others really mixing it up - on the digital-video tape that I believe TommyGun is missing. Hopefully, the tape turns up, so we can get some more footage up on this thread. My condolences on the loss of your planes to both you, and to Mick.

Ollie
Old 06-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Iron Dog

Sounds good, J.R.

My condolences on the loss of your plane, as well. And so I don't leave you out Casey, I even feel bad for you, too.

Even though Casey's my "Bud", he's now my competition, too. I was gonna save this to add to one of my planes or helmets, but I think you now have more reason to want to put it to use, first JR:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40978.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1776739  
Old 06-28-2012, 08:14 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

ORIGINAL: Iron Dog

Sounds good, J.R.

My condolences on the loss of your plane, as well. And so I don't leave you out Casey, I even feel bad for you, too.

Even though Casey's my "Bud", he's now my competition, too. I was gonna save this to add to one of my planes or helmets, but I think you now have more reason to want to put it to use, first JR:

Hahaha How come the airplane chasing Casey looks like one of mine?

Ollie, Although I am pretty darned happy with what I have been able to accomplish with my Rossi's, there just isn't any substatute for displacement. I was thinking about getting my hands on a K&B 82 and giving that a go but I think I am done trying to re-invent the wheel. All I need to do is apply the aerodynamics of my Macchi with the proven YS setup and I'm pretty sure I will have a winner. I still have a few innovative ideas. The fuse will be glass and I'm thinking about CF engine mounting rails that will extend to the trailing edge of the wing. The fuse will be layed up with a 1/32 balsa core with CF cloth from wing leading edge to nose ring and bagged. The tail section will still be nomex honeycomb with balsa skins, glassed and bagged. I'm thinking maybe skin hinge.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speed,
I bet you could shoe horn a YS 70 in one of your current planes and experience real "speed".

Dave,
Rough week end for the Planebender stable. Sorry to see the 47 be forced into retirement. The Spitfire you were flying seemed fast also so you shouldn't have much trouble staying in the mix.

Skids
Old 06-28-2012, 09:08 PM
PLANEBENDER
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. The only thing I,m upset at is that I broke my own promise NOT to fly it up there unless it was in the A main with a good chance to win.

Jake: No more P-47s as I was told by the builder, So we will move on and sample a few things on the buffet table till we find a good fit for us. I will just do my best with the Spitfire for now. Sorry for your loss JR as well, I really liked that plane even though it was a sandbagger...LOL

See you guys in 3 weeks.

Planebender
Old 06-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Trashman88

I love that emblem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want it!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Iron Dog

ORIGINAL: Trashman88

I love that emblem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want it!!!!!!!
I thought you might, J.R. - that's why I posted it for you!

Sotake it. Just click on the picture so it is full-size first, then right-click (PC) or two-finger click (Mac trackpad) to access the "Save As" command . . .

If you re-open it in a PhotoShop-style program, you can crop it, reverse or otherwise change colors, resize it, vignette it, or personalize it in some other way(s), too. As computer literate as you are, I seriously doubt you'll have any problems, but if you do, let me know. (If for some reason, you are unable to save it, I can email it to you, too.)

Old 06-29-2012, 08:01 AM
PLANEBENDER

I liked that whole "Ice cream truck" concept up at the Ash Fast race. I wonder if we could get someone like that or even a Snowcone guy to come out??? It will prolly be about 105deg

Planebender
Old 06-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Trashman88

It is a good idea but since we are on county property, the county will not allow us to have any vendors come out on the property and sell anything.  I tried to do a similar thing earlier for the charity race and I got told no by the county.  If we could get a machine and sell it ourselfs then that would be ok.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:06 AM
pjakew

Just get a freezer and generator.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:09 AM
PLANEBENDER

Gotcha. I'll keep my eyes open for a good used Snow Cone machine. I found an ad on Craigs list to rent one for 50.00 per day. Let's see here...We sell 250 snow cones at $1.50 ea..............
Old 06-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Trashman88

Does it come wth the syrup to for $50
Old 06-29-2012, 11:50 AM
oliveDrab

I see a picture of an ESM Bearcat. Can u tell me who owns that? I need to ask him about the downthrust.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:21 PM
PLANEBENDER

ORIGINAL: Trashman88

Does it come wth the syrup to for $50
Yeah, 2 flavors + 20lbs of Ice and 100 cups. Anything else you want is just a little extra. Let me know if you want the link or just go to Craigs list in Sacramento.

Planebender
Old 06-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Trashman88

I found it, I will talk to Kimo about it.  It is up to him.  Thanks for the info Dave.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:56 PM
PLANEBENDER

ORIGINAL: oliveDrab

I see a picture of an ESM Bearcat. Can u tell me who owns that? I need to ask him about the downthrust.
Raymond Brindos
Old 06-29-2012, 09:21 PM
pjakew

Anyone know if AC is going to post the overall results of the race?