Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

12th Annual Trashman & YS Classic Warbird Race (9-22-17 thru 9-24-16)

Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

12th Annual Trashman & YS Classic Warbird Race (9-22-17 thru 9-24-16)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 06:07 PM
Trashman88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12th Annual Trashman & YS Classic Warbird Race (9-23-17 thru 9-24-16)

12th Annual Trashman & YS Classic Warbird Race.

9-23-17 thru 9-24-17

Please read the forum below about the changes made on 8-1-17

This race is going to be the biggest race Warbird Race ever!!! Get ready early as time flys fast and you will not want to miss this race!!!!!! Manufactures are already sending donations so they don't miss out either.

It will be a 2 day race and will be accepting 75 registrations depending on how many per class to make the matrix full with even numbers.

I will release the registrations for the Trashman & YS Classic on July 16, 2017 at 12:00 pm. I am doing this so that nobody registers to early and blocks off a spot and can not make it.

If you like to be a sponsor or part of this great race, please contact me (JR) at (916) 705-7778.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Trashman Flyer 2017-page-001.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	2189307   Trashman Flyer 2017.pdf  

Last edited by Trashman88; 08-01-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:10 PM
Trashman88

Last edited by Trashman88; 08-01-2017 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:18 PM
pjakew
My Feedback: (4)

Well, I can already vouch that I can't make this race. I can't miss 2 days of work (Thursday travel/prep day, and Friday race day) with just a month into the school year. With even more racers on the field and limited pit space, people will be reserving/holding pit spots into Tuesday/Wednesday. Bummer, not trying to be a wet blanket, but I am just voicing my concerns. I love racing with everyone at the field and look forward to springtime to see all my friends, make salsa, eat food, enjoy libations from our favorite bartender, and everything else that goes with it. I will just say to the powers that be, be mindful with the future direction of the racing series. Yes there are pros to growing the race program, but also recognize the costs involved as well.

Last edited by pjakew; 11-26-2016 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:20 PM
Trashman88

Jake,
I am sorry that you can not make it. I understand your concern but I truly believe that making this a huge race will be good for the series and will also be great for the industry. This race has seamed to catch a lot of attention of future warbird racers. I am hoping that with a 3 day race, we pull in a lot of people from other places to help this style of racing grow. You are right, we will not have enough pit tables but with our huge parking lot, there will be plenty of room for popups and portable tables like we did on the last Trashman & YS Classic.

I hope things change and you are able to make it!!!!!

JR
Old 12-03-2016, 08:07 PM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice
I think the 3 day event is awesome and will bring in more guys from a far. I understand the logistics of the extra time off, especially for guys like Jake who run the whole year as far as the series goes. Lots of understanding there for sure. But it will help the sponsors, vendors and the club as well.
looking forward to this event, if my schedule allows it. Always a great race JR.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:44 AM
Trashman88

You have almost a year to plan it so your schedule better work out for you to make it. Lol. I know that you will regret it if you do not make it. :-)
Old 12-04-2016, 04:56 PM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Unfortunately this race this year was in conflict with my Elk Hunts. So far, as you have moved the date out a couple weeks, I may be ok. I am hopeful !!

As always I will be planning to come !!
Old 01-13-2017, 11:33 AM
Trashman88

Well guys, after all the confusion on scheduling, this is the final date. Sorry about rescheduling and rescheduling on top of rescheduling. This year has had so many conflicts so I hope this works out for 99.9% of you. If some reason Mather Air Show changes then I will have to change it again but they said they are set on the date so we should be good to go now.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:05 AM
Trashman88

Registration is open. Please register early and dont miss out.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:53 PM
Trashman88

Default Change of Date of Racing (Please Read)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I talked to a lot of the racers this last Weekend. After considering people life's and circumstances, I have decided to make this race a 2 day race instead of the 3 days.

Practice will be on Friday 9-22-17
Race will be 9-23-17 thru 9-24-17

I will be running 3 heats plus part of the 4th heat on Saturday (time allowed) to cut back on some of the heats on Sunday to help everyone get our earlier on Sunday.

If you are registered for more classes then you want for a two day race, please contact me ASAP to open the slots for other racers that want in. I will be capping off at:
15 Bronze Pilots
75 Total pilots then filling in the last heats of each class

LIst of Registered Pilots are located at Trashman Racing Registered Pilots

If you do not see your name on the list then go to Warbird Racing to register.

I am currently working with La Quinta Inn & Suites in Rancho Cordova on cut rates. I hope to have an confirmed price by tomorrow.

If you have any questions or comments, please call me at (916) 705-7778.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:45 AM
Trashman88

UPDATE ON BRONZE!!!!!

I just opened up Bronze to 20 pilots to try and get everyone in. Here is the deal, depending on allowable time, I may have to run in the Bronze class only is 4 heats and main instead of 5 heats and main. I will have the final calculations done on prior to the race.

We are at 82 pilots and have 1 spot left in gold and 1 spot left in Bronze.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:29 AM
Trashman88

If you are looking for a hotel, I have blocked some rooms in 2 different Hotels.

To get the special rates, you must reserve them by September 1st.

Go to Trashman Racing Registered Pilots to see the list.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:09 AM
Trashman88

Default ***Important Information (Please read)****

****Bring cover and portable table***

With the size of this race, we will not have enough pit tables. I will open up the parking lot for pitting like we did last year. So you may want to bring some sort of cover and a table to setup right behind the pit tables in the parking lot.

If you have a smaller (14 foot max) utility trailer, you will be able to park it next to your pit area unless the parking area gets to packed. Larger then 14 foot will be parking across the parking lot in the grass area. Sorry but the racers that are pitting in the parking lot will get priority so in other words, if the parking area that we are using for pits gets full then the trailers will have to be pulled out and put across the way. I don't see that happening but just want to give everyone heads up.

Please pass the word so everyone will be comfortable

Thanks and I am so excited about this race as I know all of you are going to have a great time and great weekend!!!!
JR
Old 08-16-2017, 07:54 AM
Trashman88

So we are at 83 pilots and 1 spot left bronze and there is a waiting list for Silver and Gold. Remember, if you are on the waiting list, there is a great chance that a spot will open up. There is always a little fallout.

Please double check the list and if there is any issues or you see your name in a class that you are not going to race, please let me know asap so I can make the adjustments and possibly get someone off the waiting list.

Thanks
JR
Old 08-16-2017, 08:33 AM
Tommy_Gun

JR,
I know I ain't around there no more.
But if you are going to allow small trailers in the pits, I'd suggest you mandate that they locate at the extreme south end of the gravel parking area, so as to allow unobstructed access
to the area north of where they would be located.
Either that, or I'm NEVER coming back.
HA!
Tom
Old 08-16-2017, 08:43 AM
Trashman88

Thanks for the feedback Tom, If you come down and race with us then maybe I will take your suggestion. so come down here and help me lay it out.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:09 AM
Trashman88

Default *****Must Read Please*****

Are you planning to stay at the flying field????

If you are, please do not bring your campers, RVs and/or trailers until Wednesday afternoon after 3:00 pm.

There is no saving tables until Thursday night at 8:00 pm. If you do, your stuff could be moved by other flyers.

I am doing this because of the open members are able to use the flying field up to that point and I do not want to cause any conflicts with the SAM Members.

The field is closed to everyone except for registered pilots and workers for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call me anytime.

Thanks for you for working with me on this,
JR
Old 09-13-2017, 08:18 AM
joedonkey

Big announcement coming soon... hell with it ill tell you now... im retiring after this season. Im not going to fully retire from announcing im going to keep the U.S.R.A. ill still be around and involved with Racing. I want to focus more on planes and hopefully Kimo and I go for gold next year. Im just tired of getting sunburnt and feel its time. 9 years is alot amd well past 2800 races is quite a bit. Thank you for your patronage
Old 09-13-2017, 04:21 PM
joedonkey

Okay I've had a few phone calls and a few text messages I'll be announcing this race I said next year I will do some announcing next year for 10 years but not full time
Old 09-19-2017, 04:34 AM
Trashman88

Please take a look at the list on the website to make sure your names are on the list. With a couple of people that can not make it, there is no waiting list at this time. Everyone that is registered is good to go.

See you all in a few days!!!! Its going to be a great weekend and very nice weather is expected.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:34 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

I'm out. Was making sure the engine repairs were good ( they were, engine ran great ) but had both aileron servos strip on the second flight.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:06 AM
Trashman88

Shawn,
oh no, did the plane crash or did you catch it in time? You will be missed. I pulled your name out of the matrix but in the case you fix it, I have room to put you back in.

Sorry you had problems
Old 09-20-2017, 05:06 AM
Trashman88

Shawn,
oh no, did the plane crash or did you catch it in time? You will be missed. I pulled your name out of the matrix but in the case you fix it, I have room to put you back in.

Sorry you had problems
Old 09-20-2017, 03:41 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

I was lucky enough to get it back with only bent gear legs. It's good to have a rudder that works well. Can't get parts in time to fix.