Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

2023 | Eliminator Races

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 02:44 PM
McBridesRacing

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2023 | Eliminator Races

The Eliminator race dates are as follows:
February 25th - 26th, 2023 (2 Day Race)
May 14th, 2023 (Date may change)
October 15th, 2023 (Date may change)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Below will be all of the flyers for each race.
----------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Below is the flyer for the "AMA’s Hall of Famer, Tony Frackowiak’s, gentlemen’s style, sportsman pylon race" Pre-Race

Old 01-20-2023, 01:51 PM
AndyMcBride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Idea

I think it’s a great idea to have back to back race events at the same venue on the same weekend. I plan to use the Saturday’s gentlemen’s race as a tune-up for the next day’s eliminator race. For those that travel a distance and have expenses, this format makes a lot of sense. Personally, I want two opportunities to compete if I’m sacrificing a weekend to race along with the time and expense associated with traveling to the race venue. I hope this continues in the future.
Old 02-06-2023, 11:11 AM
McBridesRacing

Default Eliminator Race Update

The race is only 3 weeks away and I thought it would be nice to give an update. We currently have all of the workers booked and ready for the race. Lunch has been ordered and the tents will be set for both days. Currently we have 38 entries, and I am sure there some more that have not registered. I also have 2 Miss Ashley Kits completed and ready to go. Personally I will be racing the 1st Miss Ashley (proof of concept plane) in the silver class. I may have my 2nd Miss Ashley plane done in time but it will be close.

As for Saturday’s Race, Tony currently has 22 entries. If you would like to practice on Saturday; please talk to Tony on that day. I am sure he can slip in some practice time between rounds.

As a reminder, Robin’s Hobby has provided fuel to help support the races. The Silver and Gold finalist will receive a bottle of 50% Nitro fuel. Please support Robin’s Hobby’s, buy some servo’s, batteries, hardware or anything else you can think of. It’s always good to push our dollars to those that help.

If you have not registered, please do so now. You can email me or register on the site.

The molds for the 3rd airplane are prepped, gel-coated and ready to go.

Old 04-25-2023, 07:33 AM
McBridesRacing

Default Race Update

We are just 2 weeks until the Race. As an update, the weather looks good; 71deg with a 7% chance of rain. We will have a little wind in the afternoon. The field has just been clean and clear of all the weeds that sprouted up after the rains. Also, the pylons have new flags and are looking good. I am sure that we will have a good race. If you haven’t registered please do. We are ordering lunch for the race this week and will need a count.

Ben