Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Easy scale helicopter

Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

Easy scale helicopter

Old 10-08-2014, 06:30 PM
bonanzadrv
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy scale helicopter

Hi guys....
i need advice on a "easy " scale heli...

I started flying rc helicopters in late 90s with a concept 30 and then a raptor 30 v1....
I had the bell 222 with retracts for the concept 30... It was a nice simple stock body but was cheap abs plastic with decals....

I stopped flying my raptor in about 2004....... The engine is wore out and needs to be replaced ........I have always thought about putting scale body on it.... But it requires modification to be done.....

Getting back to looking at rc helix I feel lost.... There are so many new terms and things that we never worried about back in 2004.....
i am thinking about doing a century fuse and to make it easy am thinking about buying century mechs.

Does the century kits and fuse build pretty easy????
Also how do the century kits fly... I always just liked scale flying but never liked doing a lot of set up and adjusting...
the raptors flew great right out of the box....
also I am thinkng about stepping up to a 50 size.... Would that be easier to fly than a 30???

i have not interest in a no flybar head.... I would rather stick to ease of flying then perfect scale....

thanks for for reading my ramblings any help/advice would be great....

bill
Old 10-13-2014, 06:03 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 88 Likes on 73 Posts

Ease of flying is a relative thing, most FBL units can be set up to fly just like a FB heli so that shouldn't be a consideration.

For scale, Century flys fine, as well as RC Aerodyne has a number of scale helis. Bigger, for the most part, flys better, is easier to see, and more stable.

RC Aerodyne is scaleflying.com
Old 10-13-2014, 10:03 PM
rotordoc1

Originally Posted by bonanzadrv View Post
.........Getting back to looking at rc helix I feel lost.... There are so many new terms and things that we never worried about back in 2004.....
i am thinking about doing a century fuse and to make it easy am thinking about buying century mechs.

Does the century kits and fuse build pretty easy????
Also how do the century kits fly... I always just liked scale flying but never liked doing a lot of set up and adjusting...
the raptors flew great right out of the box....
also I am thinkng about stepping up to a 50 size.... Would that be easier to fly than a 30???

i have not interest in a no flybar head.... I would rather stick to ease of flying then perfect scale....

thanks for for reading my ramblings any help/advice would be great....

bill
I have built and flown many scale models over the past 20 years or so. (I do remember the plastic Bell 222 fuselage for the Concept 30). Of those I found the ones from Century to be the easiest to build and their scale fuselages (made by FunKey) to be top quality.

As for the flying, they all proved easy to set-up and to fly very well at the low rotor speeds I like using for my scale birds.

Last edited by rotordoc1; 10-23-2014 at 08:08 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-23-2014, 08:18 AM
rotordoc1

I have always had an affinity to the Augusta A-109, and the Coast Guard color scheme. Here is a vido of one that I found easy to get into the air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-nIfKtu-cI
Old 12-21-2014, 04:49 PM
rotorsport

Did you get a scale helicopter?

[email protected]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApNm...w&spfreload=10