Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
 90se looking for beginner body?? >

90se looking for beginner body??

Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

90se looking for beginner body??

Old 03-04-2006, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90se looking for beginner body??

Hey guys,
I've got a 90 se and I was looking to put on a desent "scale" body for a beginner. Any suggestions on where to get one and for a what price? How much will this cost me and what should I tell the wife!!!!
Thanks
Nick
Old 03-18-2006, 02:12 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 90se looking for beginner body??

Well, from 1 beginner to another my suggestion would be to hold off until you're no longer a beginner. Scale bodies cost hundreds of dollars at the least (often more than the cost of your mechanics to begin with!) and if you crack it up then it'll be money down the drain. Why risk more than you have to when you're just starting out?

Most of the scale bodies I've seen run from $600 up to over $1K.

If you don't have a standard canopy you can usually find a used 1 on Ebay for sale (usually with minor blemishes and/or hanger rash) for $50 - $80 and that'd give you something to put on your mechanics that won't be such a huge loss in the event of a crash.

The X-Cell 60 S.T. I won off of EBay for earlier this year came with a *new* Century Airwolf fuse.... but since that fuse is worth more than the entire auction price it's staying grounded for awhile (maybe late summer '06 if things go well)... I returned to Ebay recently and won a nice used canopy with tail fins for $70 and that's what's on my X-Cell mechanics until such time as I become good and proficient at flying the thing. Crashing it would be bad enough, but destroying a very expensive and nice scale body in the process would just add insult to injury!

LOL!

Best advice I can think of is to keep your eyes open and look around at scale bodies but hold off on 1 until you can successfully and confidentally fly the mechanics.

Good luck and best wishes!

ps. If you've never seen a nitro-powered heli crash it's a truely aweful thing... [link=http://www.helifever.com/videos/crashes/pilot-flips-heli-crashes/]Crash[/link]

- Michael