Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
 Pitch & Throttle curves >

Pitch & Throttle curves

Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

Pitch & Throttle curves

Old 03-14-2006, 04:58 PM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pitch & Throttle curves

Well, since nobody wants to help me on the general board,Ill try here,ok?I changed radios(Jr6102 to a JR 9303) and now my Century Bell 47g (OS 50 HYPER )is not acting right!It used to fly,sound and move in a more "scale"manner than it does now.I never knew what throttle settings I had on my old radio cuz a guy at the club field set it up for me.I believe the pitch curve was set at -3,0,6,9.
Thanks
Joe

Old 03-15-2006, 08:40 PM

Default RE: Pitch & Throttle curves

What is you're needing to know?
Old 03-15-2006, 10:17 PM
My Feedback: (21)

I guess I wasnt specific enough?
What throttle and pitch curve settings would be best for SCALE flying?
Old 03-18-2006, 09:51 AM

On my Wolf that weighs about 16 pounds I'm using symetrical blades and I run my pitch at -3, 0, +5, +7, +9 in normal mode. I believe I may have copied that to the stunt modes in the event of an accidental flip of the switch. For Autos (which aren't routinely planed [X(] ) I run -6, -3, +5, +8, +10. Due to the helis weight I don't really that much negative pitch but I had my blades made heavy so they develop a lot of inertia. That came in handy when I had to auto it down after losing the tail drive at IRCHA last year. I have the throttle curve set like you would on most any heli so there is the proper amount of throttle for the amount of pitch being applied. I can't give you numbers as helis, rod lengths, and radios are different for eveyone.

On my heavier UH 1D running scale semi symetrical blades my normal mode pitch is -2, 0, +4, +7, +9 and for autos the pitch is set at -5, -1, +6, +8, +10 or 11. Being that it's a gasser the throttle curves are completely different then that of nitro powered machines.

Hope this is of some help to you. If you are needing more specifics feel free to ask, always glad to help.