Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
 .30 Airwolf on century questions? >

.30 Airwolf on century questions?

Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

.30 Airwolf on century questions?

Old 03-20-2006, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .30 Airwolf on century questions?

Hey all,
Iv been lookin to get back into flying heli's again. I Had a piccolo that i could hover and FF and stuff a few months ago, but i sold it. I was lookin at getting the .30 Airwolf, unpainted with retracts and mechanics. Now, basiclly all i would need would be the engine gyro and radio gear? I know i can fly it, because i flew the piccolo and i also fly on G3, witch is easy to hover and FF.

Thanks
Old 03-20-2006, 11:31 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: .30 Airwolf on century questions?

Well, since I'm in the final stages of getting my X-Cell 60 ready to start I can definitely add that you'll also need a starter wand (6mm hex starters seem to be popular), starter motor, 12 volt battery for said starter motor, glow-starter (for the glow plug), fuel tank, servo tape (to mount things like the gyro for instance), pitch guage (to set the main blade pitch), a metric ruler to measure control rod lengths, a tachometer to check rotor rpm's for heli setup, a heli muffler, fuel and a fuel pump (either manual or electric as per your preference).

You didn't mention what mechanics you planned to put in the fuse... I think Century sells a packaged Airwolf combo kit that includes their 30 sized Hawk mechanics though. Not sure about the price though.

Now me personnally, though I've flown a Hummingbird V2 some last year (which is where I got interested in getting something bigger!) and I've spent the last 3 months flying a 60 sized Bell 222 heli on the Pre-Flight sim (and can do nose in landings and takeoffs at this point with very good reliability I might add) I'm still leaving OFF my Airwolf fuse and starting my mechanics out with skids tailboom and basic canopy/fin set... there's just no point in tearing up that expensive fuse if things don't go well in the beginning!

I'd recommend what's been recommended to me... leave off the nice scale fuse until you've actually flown and gotten good with your mechanics. A crash of the mechanics with standard canopy and fins would be bad enough, but to rip a gorgeous fuse to pieces would just add insult to injury. I'm saving my Airwolf fuse till late summer or early fall at the earliest if things go well with my X-Cell 60 mechanics.

Regards and best wishes!

- Michael
Old 03-20-2006, 11:38 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ps. Checkout this auction on Ebay... I believe this must be the model from Century you have in mind: [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6043413176&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1]30 Airwolf and mechs[/link]

- Michael
Old 03-20-2006, 11:40 PM

Yeah, i was lookig at the kit, with the mechanics and everything. I will deffinitly leave off the beautiful body at first. Theres only one tough decision now, do i want to go ahead and buy this heli or get the plane i wanted haha.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:42 PM

That is exactly what im looking for. I wish i had the money handy right now, i would buy that. Thanks!