Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are they banning 2k paints ect ??

Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

are they banning 2k paints ect ??

Old 07-21-2006, 12:22 PM
jez33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are they banning 2k paints ect ??

does any one know if its true that atleast in the UK and possibly rest of europe that there will be a ban on solvent spray paints and the solvents ect.. if this is so then it will be very difficult to spray up our scale heli fuselages ect..well not dificult but ive sprayed an ME 109 in acrylic and even fuel prooffed it but it didnt keep its apearence for long...so without 2k paint i wouldnt expect acrylic paint to last as long.....

i was told we will only be able to spray in acrylic or similar whether for your car or for the hobiest ect...some one tell me please that this is not true please....
Old 08-10-2006, 09:22 AM
Remyrw

Default RE: are they banning 2k paints ect ??

I don't know if it is true or not, but if it is you could always turn to a compressor/airbrush combo. Hobby/art types or even a professional style paint gun if you already own a construction style compressor. I come from RC cars and I spray painted a few bodies but quickly switched to airbrushing for the control and smoothness. Even without legal hassles it's the way to go.

Remy
Old 08-10-2006, 10:06 AM
jez33

hi mate,,,yes i already use a compressor with air bush and have a an airgun too for the bigger things,,

i was told that all solvents from dec will be discontinued...
Old 08-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Remyrw

hmmm, I guess the question then is, what is the rest of the paint world going to do? I mean, cars still need repainted, artists still work, all sorts of manufactured goods get painted... there must be some suitable replacement we just aren't aware of yet.