Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
Reload this Page >

New Scale Heli Site

Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

New Scale Heli Site

Old 12-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Kaltag
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Scale Heli Site

Guys, anyone seen this site, its brand new.
www.Scaleflying.com
Old 12-16-2008, 09:50 AM
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: New Scale Heli Site

I had not seen this before. They have a very good variety to choose from but i cannot find on the site if these are vacuum formed, fiberglass or just what. Any idea?
Old 12-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Given the price and size, I would think they are fiberglass.

FB
Old 12-16-2008, 11:13 PM
lear31A
My Feedback: (123)

Wow, that is one nice website!
Old 12-22-2008, 01:43 AM
turbine50

It says they are fiberglass. I like the A-Star, which they have mis-named on their site as "AS550". It's an AS-350. I also like the King Air.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Scale Flying

Yes, the AS550 is the Fennec military version. The AS350 is our Civilian version. Just got that changed on our site. There is still a lot we have not put up, so if anyone has any questions, please feel free to either contact me on the 800 number, or email. Site has only been up for a short time but im doing my best to update and work out all the bugs. Thanks everyone for looking!
Old 12-25-2008, 10:53 AM
turbine50

So what's the ETA on the King Air? I will try force myself not to buy one but I dont think I will be able to resist.[sm=teeth_smile.gif]
Old 12-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Scale Flying

Im working on the Baron 58 first. The King Air, will come shortly after. Im hoping to get everything finished up for the king air by late spring. The baron should be ready by spring time. They both will feature accurate panel lines and rivets, scale cockpit with working doors, LED lighting and a very accurate set of scale landing gear that will be set up for retracts. The fuselage and center portion of the wing will be fiberglass along with the necells. Can be used either electric or gas.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:31 AM
turbine50

Very cool! Ive flown both full size Baron and King Air 200 a few years back. What size are they?

Also, it looks like you have T-Rex mechanics in the A-Stars. Is that right?

Here's my last scale project...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52409.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	1096316   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98854.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1096317  
Old 12-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Scale Flying

The Baron will have a 70" wing span, the King Air will have about an 80" wing. Yes, all of them have Trex 600's. All of the t-rex mechanics are a direct fit in all of our fuselages. They also fit the raptors. These two machines require no modifications. It is even labeled on the mounting board on where to position the t-rex and raptor mechanics.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Scale Flying

I will start to post some pictures of our machines with the multibladed systems as soon as I can. Nics pics,, I plan to do our md530 with a 5 bladed rotor head after Christmas. Will post the pics when done.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:44 AM
turbine50

Thanks! I PM'ed you...
Old 12-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will start to post some pictures of our machines with the multibladed systems as soon as I can. Nics pics,, I plan to do our md530 with a 5 bladed rotor head after Christmas. Will post the pics when done.
What blades are you using on the multi-blade heads? Usually you need a blade with a very forward CG. TIA!

FB
Old 12-28-2008, 08:07 PM
bigduke666

I have the same military A 109 that they are selling. For the most part very good quality and detail. What they do'nt show you it on the military 109 kit it comes with the overhead FLIR sys and the weapons sys.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:14 PM
turbine50

It would be great to see pics of the actual models (Baron/Kingair) on the site as well.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:50 PM
bigricksharpe

Sweet stuff there, I wonder will you add a guest gallery too? heres a pic of my (older 109 by Century with Hawk Mechanic's) would like to add detail pieces, have never done it before, can you add a newbee help and tip place too, I hope it's not too much to ask, I just want to try and get the realism has true has possible even though on a very tight budget, ith ol lady lookin over my shoulder lol.
I have also asked if I could (was given me) use my HBK2 TX to fly this bird has long has I match up crystals, I know I won't have mixing in flight, would that be a big issue? and wanted to take HH gyro off HBK2 and use in place of humungus rate gyro which is epoxied on a wood frame under the fuse, wondered if I could run the tx wire fm the rate into the HH gyro then run the HH gyro line into the receiver, and I think the orange wire would go to the gear slot. This bird has JR 700 a receiver. Again Cool site, glad it was shared, we need a shop like this in Saint Paul MN

Bigrick
hey if anyone has build pic's and info they'd like to share Century fuse n Hawk like that cool red one pls. email me I'd appreciate it: [email protected] thank's I can use all the help possible been doing a ton of research has much has I can on Nitro Helis and scale, I hope someday to enter scale model flight comp and shows non 3D, unless someday I can get one of them Redbull Chop's lol.[sm=punching.gif] One thing I lernt in the ol Army was never give up! BigredOne 4 ever!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47269.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1156213   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33063.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	1156214  
Old 03-12-2009, 12:56 PM
bigricksharpe

Oh just wondered are there alloy blades just like the old Mil spec choppers had for rc, or would that require flaying an excessively large RC?
and have yet to find blades that come painted in that Matt OD green, with yellow tips!
on my HBK I took Krylon matt black & sprayed those blades looks ahhh OK, sorta, but I would like to know how to really make em look right, not enought info with pic's cause most guy's doing this been at it so long, and are in club's which I am not yet, so I'm kinda hittin n a peckin! lol
Old 04-10-2009, 12:06 PM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

Which set of mechs works best, T-Rex or Raptor? I suppose if I want to go electric, the T-Rex is a no-brainer, eh?

Also on the twin, how "ARF" will it be? Will the finish be applied so it's really just assembly and radio gear placement?

MK
Old 04-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Lins

I would love to be posted on the status of the King Air!
Old 05-12-2009, 10:39 AM
DrUAE

well,
it is not that new, i have already ordered from them EC135 fuselage several months ago for my trex 500, they have good quality fiberglass fuselage.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:11 AM
ScaleKing

Would like to get an answer to this question too.

ORIGINAL: mkranitz

Which set of mechs works best, T-Rex or Raptor? I suppose if I want to go electric, the T-Rex is a no-brainer, eh?

Also on the twin, how "ARF" will it be? Will the finish be applied so it's really just assembly and radio gear placement?

MK
Old 06-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Scale Flying

For the heli's, the trex mechanics are a direct fit. No mods, no changes. All mounting hardware is supplied. This also applies to the raptor 50v2 if you are interested in the 600 size.
The Baron 58 is an ARF. The fuselage is fiberglass and the wings are built up, fully sheeted and covered. Assembly is basically all mechanical. The only painting that is required is
to complete the cockpit. Cockpit is vaccum formed. The parts need to be cut from the sheet, assembled and pianted.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:28 AM
ScaleKing

Okay thanks for the quick reply. That sounds great. Any date yet for the Kingair?

P.S. waiting impatiently!! LOL
Old 06-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Scale Flying

The focus right now is to make sure the first shipments of the baron 58 are accepted. This will probably be within a few months. From there I can dedicate my time to testing the king air. It is a much bigger project than the baron 58 and will spare no expense when it comes to developing this aircraft. This may take some time but I hope to make this available later this year. Just like the Baron, picture updates and videos will be posted to let everyone know my progress. There will be one more baron 58 video before anything is posted on the king air. The next Baron video will be the production model, painted and detailed to the max. I am also working to provide a set of electronic retracts which is something new that no mfg has provided before. No need for airlines or servos. It will be an option on both the baron and king air. I wish I could give a release date but do not want to dissapoint anyone if I decide to spend more time making things right. Hope everyone can understand.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:10 AM
ScaleKing

well you go right ahead and do your thing. Now I have a nice project to look forward to later this year. The retract idea sounds terrific. Can't wait to see it in production. I will pass this site on to all that Iknow. Hopefully sending you some more business.

Take care.

BTW the PC-12 might be another model to look into in the future!!

Lawrence

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.