RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Scale RC Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scale-rc-helicopters-398/)
-   -   Retracts for Century bell 222 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scale-rc-helicopters-398/10336773-retracts-century-bell-222-a.html)

fanflv 02-14-2011 07:41 PM

Retracts for Century bell 222

Started to build the heli after 3 years sitting in the box,I did not like the retract system setup,but last week at the hobby shop I saw the new E flight electric retract system.So I bought the 10-15size to see if it would work for my heli.
Basically dropped right in with no modification ,love the setup simple and works great.
Got rid of all that linkage and servos .I will post some pictures soon.

ea01bg 02-15-2011 05:42 AM

RE: Retracts for Century bell 222

Nice how about some pics of the setup. I had a Bell 222 and the retracts where a PIA

fanflv 02-15-2011 07:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here are some pictures!

Rudderman98 04-18-2011 11:31 PM

WOW!

Thanks for the tip fanflv. I've been fighting my Bell 222 retracts since I bought it. Just ordered a set tonight for the conversion this week. Maybe now my front gear will stop drooping and needing constant re adjusting.

Even though max weight is 5lbs for the retracts, they should hold a fully loaded 222 with Trex 600 innards and battery. It's not as if we'll be taxiing around much with these anyway like an airplane.

Many thanks again.;)

rotor09 04-19-2011 07:46 AM

Those look like they fit nicely. All that is left is to see how they stand up under use supporting an 8 lb. heli. Let us know how they do when you get it flying.

I have built three Century scale helis with retracts, the 30 size Bell 222 and Airwiolf and the Swift A109A. All used their retracts and I did not find them all that difficult to install. I used two servos on two of them (one for the mains and one for the nose wheel) and three minis on the other.

The first one (the Bell 222) had their older retract system that did not have the lock down system, so the mini servo up front had trouble keeping it down during a hard landing. But the later units, that they have long since been including in their kits, work great.

Here is a video of the A109A working them hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768EUywseEE

jm-wijnholds 07-27-2015 01:34 AM

Size retracts for the 50. size centrury bell 22

Originally Posted by fanflv (Post 10336773)
Started to build the heli after 3 years sitting in the box,I did not like the retract system setup,but last week at the hobby shop I saw the new E flight electric retract system.So I bought the 10-15size to see if it would work for my heli.
Basically dropped right in with no modification ,love the setup simple and works great.
Got rid of all that linkage and servos .I will post some pictures soon.

Hi,

I know this is a older post, but i stumbled on it when i was googling for my retract problem. I recently bought a Funkey/Century bell 222 and it is a real PIA to get the the retracts working mechanically . My servo's are always binding when the retract are deployed; it just impossible to make them work without binding.

In your post you said you are using the E flite retracts; did you use em in the 30. size or 50. size bell? Couldn't really tell from the pictures. It's been some time now that you posted this solution, do you still use them? ever had any problems?

As i see it, i will have to make some modifications because the screw holes don't line op with the original one.

Looking forward to your experiences

Kind regards,

jm-wijnholds

(sorry if my english isn't that good, it's not my native language)

rotordoc1 07-27-2015 10:15 AM

Good news. What size Bell 222 - 30/550 or 50/600 or 90/700?