Notices
Schumacher Racing Discuss all Schumacher Racing products here!

message to schumacher

Old 11-19-2007, 11:56 AM
bmx833

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default message to schumacher

i have had my schumacher rascal since christmas and it has'nt been working from the start.
it has been various model shops from the start I.E louth castaline, skeggness skeggy models, and lincoln hobbins models, (now closed down and where i got it from).
at one point i waited 1.5 moths for castaline to give me the okay but currently it has been staying with somone who races t-maxx's but he says that it is either £90 for the parts or £125 for a new one.
i am not very happy since i have already speant well ove £75 on it.
I dont want to have to spend much more.

from brad (market rasen in lincolnshire)[][]
Old 11-19-2007, 11:58 AM
bmx833

Default RE: message to schumacher

can you do anything?
Old 11-19-2007, 12:03 PM
bmx833

by the way when these little rascals are working they are a great piece of mechanical jenius.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Anthoop

I would contact the manufacturer in the UK.
http://www.racing-cars.com/main.asp
Old 01-03-2008, 06:52 PM
dick dasterdley

I bought my Rascal in November and have used it twice without something within, or on the engine giving up- so far, the conrod snapped, pull start broke and the manifold bolts pulled out...

Also, it won't run at all now, as theres a problem around the mixture screw, and no fuel can get into the carb...

Talking to my local Schumacher dealer, he tells me that the engine is made by Thunder Tiger, which probably explains why its such a terrible engine...

What other engines can I put in my Rascal?
Old 01-04-2008, 04:41 AM
bmx833

ive tried the schumacher uk and they say theresnothig they can do
there customer support is great.............not!
lol
Old 03-28-2008, 02:04 AM
RURC

ORIGINAL: dick dasterdley

Talking to my local Schumacher dealer, he tells me that the engine is made by Thunder Tiger, which probably explains why its such a terrible engine...

What other engines can I put in my Rascal?
First in my 30 years in this hobby I have always found Thunder Tiger motors to be very good motors. I have had many of them. But about 6 years ago I got totally away from nitro. I am working on my Rascal conversion to brushless electric. I really think that this is going to wake this little car up a lot. So there is another motor choice for you.

The customer service in the US is second to none. I personally have 7 Schumacher cars. They are the largest manufacturer in my stable.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:47 AM
bmx833

so what do you need to do a conversion except a brushless motor & esc
Old 03-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Adam Bailey

motor mount, battery strap of some capacity, maybe a reinforced top deck for the motor mount???
Old 03-29-2008, 12:08 PM
bmx833

any links?
Old 03-29-2008, 09:56 PM
RURC

ORIGINAL: Adam Bailey

motor mount, battery strap of some capacity, maybe a reinforced top deck for the motor mount???

Adam.,
I'm almost offended buy your simplistic terming. You know more than most what goes into my conversion systems. I may just not get you the assembly you want for your little CONVERSION project. I take a great deal of pride in my systems.

Any how the parts needed is the easy part. But the list in general consists of
Motor
Motor mount (has to be designed and made to mount in to factory holes.)
Battery holder. For lipo batteries because anything nickel based is a joke.
Mount for ESC
ESC
In many cases like with the Jato you have to get into the transmission because you have to remove the one way bearing and lock it so you can have brakes and reverse on your new car. Unless you want to use the servo brakes which do nothing but add weight.
You also have to test to be sure that you have preserved the balance of the car. Lets face it you are drastically changing the car and just throwing in some parts is not the way.
If I work straight through is can take as long as 2 weeks to do the first conversion of any specific car. Now that I have designs my own motor mount system that has worked in every car I have tried it in this part is much easier. But the battery tray can always be tricky. Here is a photo on one of my latest battery trays. Built and designed at my shop in Florida, 3 Phase Racing. All CNC Quintax 5 axis and designed in Solid Works and Ideas with stress testing in Fluent.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:50 AM
bmx833

so do u know anywhere that would make these specific parts?
Old 03-30-2008, 04:52 AM
bmx833

oh and another question, why do lipos have 2 conectors?
Old 03-30-2008, 08:18 PM
RURC

Well there is 3 Phase Racing, RC Monster and RC Product Designs To name 3. RC Monster mostly dose monster trucks while RC Product Designs dose mostly 1/8 buggies where 3 Phase Racing dose a lot of one off customs and prototype development and testing for several of the manufacturers.

3 Phase Racing is my company. We try to be the most ergonomically based development group. Our background is in R&D in aerospace.

2 ports on lipos is simple one is for the power output and the other is to plug in a outboard system to insure that the batteries inside are at the same charge. It is called a balance port
Old 03-31-2008, 08:09 AM
Adam Bailey

You know I mean no offense Mike

I was just pointing out that there is a lot of people who think a brushless conversion is simply impossible and it is not. I will not discount the fact that in certain cases there is a large amount of engineering to make the conversions while all the time using the stock hole locations to make it easier for the end user.

But at the end of the day, once one man or team takes that engineering at out the equation and we have a product on the table the actual conversion itself it quite easy, looking at my 8ight its a matter of drilling one hole and off the shelf parts and poof!
Old 03-31-2008, 02:12 PM
RURC

I know you did not mean anything but you left the door open for a little chopping.

Off the shelf parts that would not exist were it not for those few that do what I do. The manufacturers dont want to push the frontier in this. I have built several prototypes for them and no one wants to make the first step. It is so frustrating.

It is much more sensible to convert a nitro car to brushless then just to build up a electric car with a big motor. This is because the nitro car is already build to handle the more hp and torque of the nitro. So the mostly higher hp and torque of a brushless is a much better marriage in that type of car.

So how do you like my friend Ryan. He is a hell of a driver. I think that I am going to use him as my team driver for my 1/8 scale buggy I am building. Just imagine when we get that touring car ironed out. He is going to shock people.

Finally, do you like the battery box I made for your project. I will call you later on a couple of things.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:17 AM
pza366

sounds to me like you ran it lean and w/o enough oil content if the bolts pulled from the manifold and the rod broke. Then you subsequently destroyed the pull starter by overpulling on a junk motor....I've been there.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Adam Bailey

One lead, normally with a Deans type T connector or bullet connectors are used for the main power and charging while the 2nd line is used for balancing the cells

ORIGINAL: bmx833

oh and another question, why do lipos have 2 conectors?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 AM
bmx833

i'm alot more informeed abot lipo's now
i have a brushless 3s lipo'd rc18t which is 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000 times better than the rascal
i also have a imax b5 to charge them but thanks for the help

Brad