Community
Search
Notices
Schumacher Racing Discuss all Schumacher Racing products here!

menace 21

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 12:30 PM
stadium truck freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default menace 21

right ok iv got a menace 21 hear at home at im mega pissed off at it , i have stripped 3 sets of gears all because the gear cover on the bloody car doesnt work as it should, the plastic is like china you touch it and it breaks its stuped , so now all this is alloy but my biggest problem is that i have a new engine a 28 picco and the mounts are totaly all wrong , is there a big block kit out there or not ? becuase this model is soo stuiped nothing is the same to other models as in engine mounts and clutchs and bearings, whats the reason to using crappy thunder tiger engines and cheap china plastic ? can any one help me resolve the problems or am i going to have to set it on fire and crap on the ashes ?
Old 04-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Adam Bailey

Default RE: menace 21

stadium truck freak

I'm not sure where you saw the "Made in China" labels on our products but our "cheap Chinese plastic" is actually a high temp nylon made in the UK along with all of the other parts on our vehicles.

The stripping of gears is usually caused my improper gear mesh whereas you have either removed the engine from the vehicle and not properly re-meshed the gears, or you have hit an object during use that has literally jarred the engine and the mesh of the gears has been changed.

Double check the gear mesh on your vehicle and you'll stop stripping gears 99% of the time.

As for the motor mounts the stock ones on the car will fit any standard 21 engine. If you wanted to put a 28 on the car part number U3235 with fit most standard 28 engines.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge the "crappy thunder tiger engines" companies have used them as RTR engines for years and that has been an entry level with phenomenal results for beginners with ease of tuning and long life spans.

if you have further concerns feel free to contact us directly at Schumacher USA (813) 889-9691, or email myself ar Shawn Palmer [email protected] [email protected]
Old 04-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Slammed

The Thunder tiger is an awesome engine I love it I still have it in my Havoc A+++++
Old 05-16-2008, 02:07 PM
stadium truck freak

does the alloy make it stronger or are you taking me for a ride again ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????
Old 05-16-2008, 02:12 PM
stadium truck freak

do you make alloy spur gears for the piece of crap menace ! if not then make em
Old 05-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Adam Bailey

It does in fact make is stronger but in an impact the energy will have to go somewhere and that usually means breaking more expensive parts.

On a side note it will make it heavier too
Old 05-16-2008, 02:16 PM
stadium truck freak

how much stronger will it be and can over it houses like you can 1/8 buggys
Old 11-13-2008, 11:13 AM
pza366

I would just like to say that I have owned a Schumacher Desert Storm 21xt-r for the past 8 years or so and it has been the best car i've ever owned, not too mention the fact that Adam Bailey is the "MAN" I mean come on, cheap plastic? I don't know about you but the only thing that is plastic on my schumacher are the cases for my servos. maybe it breaks because you are abusing it? I say this from experiewnce.....Seems quite likely to me considering the only times i've EVer broken my truck is when i've been abusing the crap out of it. And it will take the abuse....sure sooner or later you will break something, but thats par for the course. Ie high speed 360's and sharp full throttle full speed turns. On top of that Schumacher still supports my 10 year old car! yeah I was worried a few times when I needed a bumper or wheels and I know other companies still support some of their old stuff, but i've never had anyone work so hard for me to find what I needed as Adam did. Thats customer service with a capital C. As far as thunder tiger making crappy engines...you are biased, mine has run like a champ since day one. Yeah you might get more power from another brand, but thats just preference. My only complaint about the TT Motor was the pull start, which I tossed years ago! Same junk on every mfg. Some people just like to complain I guess. On tranny/clutch issues, wouldn't sealing with silicone be better than complaining? If your mesh is off surely something is gonna wear.

Paul