Community
Search
Notices
Schumacher Racing Discuss all Schumacher Racing products here!

Schumacher's Newest Rc - Manic

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 03:04 AM
REEGSf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Schumacher's Newest Rc - Manic

C'mon guys post a video or some pics of your own Manic . Please please !!!
Old 03-21-2010, 08:07 PM
mrsmartjohnson

ORIGINAL: Havoc1992

I've had a manic for a couple of weeks now, got it for £395.
The only bad things i can say about it are that i couldn't get it started without having to use a hair dryer to heat it up for the first 7 or 8 tanks. After that it starts pretty easily.
After a run, it had a jolt when i pushed it forward, turns out some mud had got into the rear belt cog and had jammed itself into some of the teeth.
It has had a few flips and landed on its roof a few times and has held up as well as my havoc so it seems very tough.
The engines aren't that loud when compared with a savage x but they have so much power. The acceleration is instant and it gets to around 40-45mph and the brakes are pretty good because the radio gear it comes with has the option of ABS which twitches the throttle/brake servo between brake and neutral when the brakes are applied.
It is a very fast and robust truck and is well worth the money.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask and i'll do my best to help.
how much is L395 in U.S. money dollars?? I have chance to buy one for $475 + $25 shipping. I sold my LST2 to try it out, but still doing research on it, and how parts availability in the US is, since the pulled their US headquarters? Anyone know here there is US parts and hop ups for it??
Old 03-22-2010, 03:54 AM
Havoc1992

£395 is around $590 US so that's quite a good price you can get it for.
I can't give you any details on parts availability as i don't live in the US.
About the HQ closing, they have said that parts can still be bought either from Schumacher UK or from your LHS [link=http://www.racing-cars.com/products.asp?hideall=Y&partno=news967&templateid=18&pagewidth=550]Link[/link]
Old 03-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Paul1981

Parts are available from www.racing-cars.com and so are the hop-ups, I don't believe there are many out at the moment but I believe that the Manic shares some common parts with the Havoc and all the upgrades are Havoc parts (wishbones, hub carriers etc).  What parts are you after exactly, having owned 3 Schumachers I can honestly state that their hop-up market is not as extensive as any HPI product?
Old 03-24-2010, 06:05 PM
mrsmartjohnson

Main thing was replacement parts in case something did break. i couldn't find a LHS that stocks anything for it. So I went ahead and bought a Losi XXL, I know there is parts everywhere for it and Hop ups galore. if you guys want a cheap newManic it is on Ebayhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT for $475 buy it now!!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:25 PM
jmart130

im new to this site is there a kit to make one a twin engine i have a tmax and a revo that i'd like to go to twin .19s,, anyone got any information on how i need to go about doing this
Old 09-02-2012, 01:53 AM
Anthoop

I do not think that there are any kits to add twin engines to any car, or even if the Tmax or Revo would be suitable platforms for a conversion should you make custom parts.
Maybe better to ask in the Traxxas forum- http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_251/tt.htm
Old 09-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Paul1981

Hi guys; after a bit of advice.  I'm planning on doing a LiPo Brushless conversion on my Manic, I have just done a similar conversion on my Kyosho Blizzard, but obviously a 4wd monster is going to require a different motor and battery combo to a 1/12 crawler.  I just need to know what size motor (540/550 etc) would be suitable, what kV etc would be suitable for a monster.   I've had a look at the Velineon and Flux systems to try and get an idea but I'm still not sure.  Also, does anyone know if the Manic (or Havoc) will accept other spur gears; I can't find any matches for 24dp pinion gears apart from the ones for the nitro version and they don't seem like they would mount onto a brushless motor unless there is any kind of adaptor?  If anyone can give me some pointers that would be brilliant.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Anthoop

Paul,ask the question in the general forum ( http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_179/tt.htm ) as there are plenty of knowledgeable electric guys there who wil help you with your motor/kv/esc questions.
Regarding the spur gear then measure the shaft diameter and get a spur with matching diameter of any gear pitch to match the pinion....If all else fails then contact RW Racing- http://www.rwracing.co.uk/contact.html
Old 09-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Havoc1992

A few years back, Schumacher were making an electric version of the manic themselves. It was called the E-Manic and I don't think they ever released it. It might be worth having a word with Schumacher and see if they can point you in the right direction..
Old 09-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Paul1981

Thanks guys.  I completely forgot about measuring the shaft diameter; massive brain-fart.  I'll contact Schumacher only if I start to struggle; I dont like the rear motor placement on the concept e-Manic though.  I think it would be much better for the C of G and weight distribution if the motor was lower in the chassis and further forward; thinking specifically of the space vacated by the engine.  It should be easy enough then to lay a battery in the space vacated by the fuel tank and then just think about ESC placement.