Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Help with enjin Mount

Old 11-21-2010, 02:51 AM
RiaanLR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with enjin Mount

I am building a Sr Telemaster and are putting on a 26cc gas RCGC. Need some help. Must I keep with the origanale plans as to where to mount the moter or should I move the motot back so the prop then just clears the front of the fuse. This will have effect on the cg. For it is a heavier motor I think move it back.
Advise please.
Riaan

Old 11-21-2010, 09:49 AM
R_G
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Help with enjin Mount

If I remember correctly the Sr. Telemaster was designed for .60 size engines. Your engine will be considerably heavier so I would move it back. You might not be able to move it back far enough to keep the CG where it should be, so you could end up having to add some tail weight.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:05 AM
RiaanLR

I hoping that would not happen. I am also going to put the rudder and elevater servo's in the back to help with the cg. I will be using the plane for RC Skydiving as a drop plane, thats why I need the power.

Thanks
Old 11-21-2010, 02:20 PM
BMatthews

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I would definetley shorten the nose down to about half it's current length. If you have to add a smidge of tail weight on top of this it'll be very minimal thanks to the difference in the nose to tail lengths. An ounch of weight in the tail is like about 6 to 8 oz in the nose.

I'd suggest you cut the nose down and cowl the engine in using a lightweight aluminum mixing bowl or cheap sauce pan for a radial cowl look. You're likely going to need to lengthen the landing gear as well for sufficient prop clearance. When the model is sitting on it's mains in a level attitude you want to have about 2 inches of ground clearance minimum to the prop arc.