Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

rcmw RV 3

Old 12-12-2010, 05:51 PM
pitts M 12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rcmw RV 3

Has anybody got the november issue of RCMW and the free RV 3 plan as I need the advice as to the build. All help is appreiciated.

JM
Old 12-13-2010, 07:58 PM
sylvaner

Default RE: rcmw RV 3

I read the article and looked over the plans & seems to be a rather straight forward build.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:30 AM
kdc

Note that it is RCME ( Radio Control Models & Electronics which is now called RC Model Airplane in USA ) not RCMW ( RC Modelworld ) Both English magazines of course. The November RCMW free plan is Swizzle Stick a fun fly model for 25 to 30 two strokes. This is also by the same designer!
So it is the November 2010 RCME / RC Model Airplane with the free plan for RV3 which might still be available. The USA & Canada phone No is 001 877 363 1310 and I expect they could sell you a back issue at this time. ( usually cheaper to buy a back issue with free plan than buy the plan alone! )
There is a thread at http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/...s.asp?th=42810 where the RV3 designer Peter Miller answers questions about his design.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:07 AM
pitts M 12

I'm looking for an appropriately sized electric motor for it.

JM
Old 12-15-2010, 03:28 AM
kdc

I thought about building this RV3 or other free plans with electric power, so I started a thread see http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/...p?th=44568&p=1 You can see on page 2 that Peter Miller himself says it is rather a heavy model as he designs only for glow. Various people commented with much useful info but the bottom line was it would need rather a large motor & 4S lipo or needed lightening a lot. Worth reading this thread for the various comments on choosing motors.