Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Producing Plans

Old 09-24-2012, 05:33 PM
retransit
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Producing Plans

I've been in this hobby for many years, but I have never scratch-built anything. I have plenty of experience with plans-built aircraft, kits, and so forth, but I have never drawn a set of plans. I want to build a Boeing Model 40 biplane at 1/4 or 1/5 scale. I have yet to decide on which scale I will use. The scale will determine the size of the radial engine and there are a few out there that can do the job.

I have plenty of large paper to do the job. Does anyone have suggestions on how to progress?

Bob
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84560.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1804650  
Old 09-24-2012, 06:12 PM
limeybob
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Producing Plans

ORIGINAL: retransit

I've been in this hobby for many years, but I have never scratch-built anything. I have plenty of experience with plans-built aircraft, kits, and so forth, but I have never drawn a set of plans. I want to build a Boeing Model 40 biplane at 1/4 or 1/5 scale. I have yet to decide on which scale I will use. The scale will determine the size of the radial engine and there are a few out there that can do the job.

I have plenty of large paper to do the job. Does anyone have suggestions on how to progress?

Bob
Make sure you have a good accurate three view.
I would scan it and use a CAD program to start drawing. You can scale to any size after.
Draftsight is free and works like autocad.
If pencil and paper, then have the three view blown up to the required size and start tracing.
limeybob
Old 09-25-2012, 11:30 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Producing Plans

This thread locked as it is a duplicate post by the OP.