Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Telemaster 400

Old 07-05-2013, 05:07 AM
yashodhanp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Telemaster 400

Hey guys,
I recently started work on a telemaster 400. I got the plans online and have made a CAD file with the layouts of the ribs for laser cutting.
if any one wants the CAD Layouts kindly inform me , and i will email it to you.(Since i cannot upload it here)

My question is do I use 1/32 " (or 1mm) balsa to cut the ribs? or do i use a thicker balsa?

N.B. : i have laid it out on a 3 x 36 " sheet

regards

Yashodhan Pasari

Old 07-05-2013, 07:23 AM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Telemaster 400

Yosh, Here are a couple of websites. There are plenty more. Dan.

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~tarnagul/...lanes/t400.htm

http://plans.aerofred.com/img51383.htm
Old 07-05-2013, 07:27 AM
yashodhanp

Dan,I think you misunderstood me... I have the plans.. did a CAD layout for Laser/CNC cutting, which i am willing to share.. It contains the ribs for the wing and stabilizer.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:26 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

That's a kind offer to share your CAD work. I'm sure you'll get lots of takers since this is/was a fine design for simple sport flying.

For sure go with 1/16 wood for all the wing ribs and stabilizer ribs if the stabilizer is built up. On a model the size of the Telemaster 400 there's nothing I can think of which should be made from 1/32 balsa.

You might want to make the same offer for giving away the CAD work in the Parkflyer area of Electric Universe since it's a prime sort of model for light brushless motors and park area flying.

I could be wrong but I think that Dan may have been suggesting that you upload your CAD plan to one of those sites which could host your file and make it available for downloading to other folks without you having to email it to them.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:29 AM
yashodhanp

hey BMathhews,
 Thanks for your words of encouragment. Will surely offer the cad files there.

Thanks for the help as well.

Regards
Yashodhan