Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Allen's Ziroli B-25 101" Build Log

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Allen's Ziroli B-25 101" Build Log

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 08:16 AM
ajspeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Allen's Ziroli B-25 101" Build Log

I finally bit the bullet and had to start building a "real" RC plane. In the past I have built several rubber band powered balsa planes, and I cant count how many foamies. Looking for something a little more satisfying I came across the Ziroli B-25 plans. I know it will be a bit harder than what I have done in the past, but what I have read so far is it will be even more rewarding. I will try to keep my blog up dated as I complete this build. I probably won't have anything new on here for a while because I don't plan to buy a kit, so I will be cutting all the formers and stringers by hand. I plan to cut all the formers before I start building and buy the hardware as I go. I already have somewhat of sticker shock as I looked around at prices for engines and gear retracts.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:34 AM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:42 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you not flown a big gasser yet? This would not be the best path to take. I would suggest you build a big stick type plane to break in the engines, one at a time. This serves two purposes, experience with bigger planes and a cheaper test bed to learn how to deal with gas engines. Just my opinion, but you're taking a big step from the small planes to a pretty big twin. I've had two H9 B-25's. They fly great when both engines are running, very poorly with an engine out. Hense the comment, good luck.
Edwin

Forgot to mention, gassers sometimes emit a black gunk as the rings seat. It goes away after the engine is broke in, but it really messes up a fiberglass and paint job. A big stick can be Mylar covered and cleans up much easier.

Take a look at this maiden. It's was pretty hairy from the way I see it.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=olYjGn...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Edwin; 06-08-2016 at 02:12 PM.