Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Bud nosen mr. Mulligan windshield.

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Bud nosen mr. Mulligan windshield.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 08:09 AM
AdamsBro
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bud nosen mr. Mulligan windshield.

Hello all,
hoping someone can help me out here. I'm finishing up a nosen mr mulligan that I acquired in the bones roughly 5 years ago. I've got a nice fiberglass cowl, I'm going to order wheel pants from fiberglass specialities, and I've tracked down a couple sources for side windows. Only thing I'm really struggling to locate is the windshield. Does anyone know someone who is forming these, or is there a small company selling plastics etc etc? Any help appreciated. Oh and if anyone happens to have one kicking around they don't need, I'd be willing to buy it! Thanks again everyone
Old 12-26-2016, 10:56 AM
Luft-Gangster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

opened up my Bud Nosen Citabria Kit - No formed windshield in it, just a reference on the print where the real windshield contour is and where the flat plastic kit windshield will be.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:51 PM
Avaiojet

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

AdamsBro,

You can send your windshield plug to Park Flyer Plastics in FL. He will pull you a couple. Google it.

I offer a "Correct" scale Mulligan graphics package.

Visit my RCU Gallery, there may be a photo of a Mulligan sporting my graphics.

Great aircraft to model!

Charles
Old 12-29-2016, 01:22 PM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in the process of final sanding on one I picked up years ago - it was framed up - I only had about 8 areas that needed repairs / updates. I think this was the first giant scale plane the original owner did. The side windows are just cut pieces of clear plastic. I framed the windows up same as my 1/3 scale BUAS Cub.
The main windshield is a fairly slick set up. Rather than try to describe it here, I will take a few photos when we get home and post them - along with the description that will be easier with the photos. If you can find the same clear material that I have with mine, it will be an easy fabricate and install.

Dan
Old 12-29-2016, 01:24 PM
RCPilot100

On another note, I also ordered the wheel pants from fiberglass specialties. This was another fix I had to do - the original builder cut the axles too short for wheel pants - I had to completely redo the landing gear to install axles that are long enough.

Dan
Old 01-09-2017, 02:24 PM
RCPilot100

This first picture is of the groove built up for the top of the windscreen to fit into.

Here is a picture of the windscreen's cutout form. I had to hold it down so you would get an idea of its shape. it is very pliable and has a natural curve to it.

Here is standing up - you can see how it naturally has a curved shape to it.

i set the top of the windscreen into the slot at the top.

Holding it in place, you can roll the sides down.

The blue tint is the protective film on both sides of the clear plastic. I have leftover thin aluminum from my BUSA Cub which I will cut into strips and form as necessary to put on the edges of the windscreen and drill holes and use BUSA screws to attach the assembly to the fuselage. The aluminum strips will be painted white to match the rest of the aircraft.

This is what I got with the plane from a swap meet. Using the method shown here, you can use a sheet of paper to mock up the shape you need for your plane.

Now that I am back home for quite a while, I hope to have this thing covered and painted by month's end - I have more planes to finish.

Dan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	586
Size:	504.1 KB
ID:	2196129   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.JPG
Views:	413
Size:	424.8 KB
ID:	2196130   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.JPG
Views:	411